Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

cen nirto auqajet stock muffler

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

cen nirto auqajet stock muffler

Old 09-10-2003, 10:25 PM
550racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen nirto auqajet stock muffler

i wanted to change the cen auqajet stock exhost pipe and put one them muffled long pipes on it. can that be done with this boat? let me know what parts i need for it to be done
Old 09-10-2003, 10:33 PM
550racer

Default RE: cen nirto auqajet stock muffler

a tuned pipe is what i want like this one how can i adapt it to the cen nirto?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88377.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	60512  
Old 09-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's easy to do. CEN Racing has all of the parts to do the swap including their tuned pipe. You can use the same pieces that are on the Grey Thunder but you might have to do some adapting to get all of the parts in there. I don't know why they didn't use this setup in your boat in the first place.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:49 AM
550racer

can someone go here and show me all the parts for the tuned pipe that gray thunder has an the part numbers ..its showin like 3 differnt mufflers and stuff im confused

http://www.cenracing.com/boats/boatsreplacements.html
Old 09-11-2003, 03:30 PM
Ron Olson

You might need the header pipe gasket, PN BJ29. The Header is PN GT014, tuned pipe coupler PN G70326 or get one from a LHS. Zip ties, anywhere. Tuned pipe, PNWS010 and tuned pipe extension, PN WS011 for running the exhaust out of the hull. There is a part, WS015 that is not really needed. Fuel tubing for the tank pressure is also at your LHS. PN is just Part Number, I made it shorter. I have the Grey Thunder catalog and parts list here in front of me so if you have any more questions, ask.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:48 PM
550racer

thanks!! that should do it..oh also any sugestons on a differnt fuel tank? the one thats in there is small id like longer run times any mods need to be done for a differnt tank? or just plug in the fuel lines n thats it?

also they say to shut the motor off u have to let it run outta fuel or pinch the fuel line theres no kill switch or anything because how u supsto get it out of the water if it keeps running or u have to just let it run close to shore till it runs out of fuel?
Old 09-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Ron Olson

The Sullivan SS-4 fuel tank fits perfectly between the rails.
Who told you this crap about waiting until it runs out of fuel? To shut it off, push back on the throttle trigger. If that doesn't do it, then you need to adjust the idle speed screw next to the carb's throat.

This new Forum blows a big one. It's hard to go back to see what all someone asks.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:02 PM
550racer

thanks well i havent got the boat yet its comin in the mail im just gettin ready to do the mods when i do get it..its my first nitro boat my other 2 boats are electric so just pull back on the trigger n it should shut off ...i seen this on cens web site how to run the motors and shut em off thanks im gonna look for that fuel tank too
Old 09-11-2003, 05:09 PM
550racer

the biggist tank i can get in there is a SS-4?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Ron Olson

You might be able to squeeze a larger one in there but I doubt it. 4 oz. will give you a lot of run time and I wouldn't want to go larger, it could throw off your center of gravity.
BTW, I did an article in the Radio Control Zone web site on my Grey Thunder. It has a lot of tips and cheap fix-ups that can be used on most CEN kits.
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=105821
Old 09-11-2003, 06:22 PM
550racer

thanks the 4 oz tank its really cheep in price that would be my first change .. the tuned pipe is comin after thats gonna cost a lil more.. also wit the way the boat is set up can i join the NAMBA? because they got a lake thats dedicated only to gas/nitro boats but u have to be a member to run in the lake cuz u need insurance and all that
Old 09-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Ron Olson

Anybody can join NAMBA, IMPBA or any other sanctioning body that you want. It's best to join whatever is the one that most of the racers in your area are members of though. I'm in the IMPBA because there is only one NAMBA club in our District and it is an Electric boat club. I run Nitro.
The insurance is only god for NAMBA sanctioned ponds or bodies of water if it is like the IMPBA insurance. Otherwise you would be covered under a Homeowner's insurance policy. I run wherever I want to but am careful to watch out for anyone else at the site. I use the IMPBA rules for even my own private running. Unless it is on private property, somebody is jerking your chain.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:42 PM
550racer

yeah theres a NAMBA distric 9 here when u join do u have to race ur boats or can u just run them for joy rides because the RTR cens are like the basic boats and the other guys got better race boats so i wont like racing because they can prolly beat myne
Old 09-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Ron Olson

I forgot to add that your boat is not really legal for NAMBA competition. The closest class in NAMBA would be the "A" mono class which is for up to .21 engined boats. You would get smoked by them. The IMPBA does have an ABS class but it isn't legal there either. It is for up to .16's, pull started and (the part where CEN's aren't legal) stock mufflers unless the Host Cub wants to make changes. In other words, no tuned pipes. It's sad that there aren't classes for the ARTF or RTF boats out there, there are rules if the Manufacturers would build boats that fit into them.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:56 PM
550racer

so i wont beable to join the NAMBA just to run my boat for fun? i dont really wana race i just want a place where i can have fun with others an learn more as i go
Old 09-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Ron Olson

You don't HAVE to join NAMBA to run anywhere that you can or want to. Join the Girl Scouts, it isn't going to make a big difference! Some Clubs do require you to join their sanctioning body tobecome a member but no one has to join anything to run a boat. If you're not going to race, usually the insurance or any of their other benefits are going to do you much good. Read what I said on the other posting carefully. Like I also said, I don't know NAMBA rules because I am not a member. NAMBA District 9 has been a pain to a lot of racers in that District.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:26 AM
550racer

of last but not least for the cen parts i can order direct from them? or i have to go thru a hobby shop? i dont know anyone around me sellin cen stuff but i can prolly find someone online that sells replacement parts
Old 09-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Ron Olson

When you get your boat, it comes with parts order forms to directly order parts from CEN/Genko.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:40 PM
550racer

this dont make sence i just contaced cens customer service and they told me to shut it off i have to pick it up out of the water an punch the fuel line? i like the way u told me to hit the controler back an it shuts off
Old 09-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Ron Olson

Somebody has their head in their derriere! This would be totally unsafe to do as you might get something caught in moving parts. Do it like I told you to. I have a contact at CEN/Genko and will let him know about this. I will see if I can get him in here to straighten it out.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
550racer

haha so if it dosent do it when i hit the troddle back what do i have to set? and set it to where? (you can tell im sorda a new be to the nitro sceen)
Old 09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Ron Olson

Before it even hits the H2O, check everything out. Adjust the radio so that you don't see any air gap when you reverse the throttle, just a little in the neutral position and that it is fully open when it is squeezed all the way. You can then do some adjustment on the throttle trim on the transmitter if needed. You will also notice on their radios a 3rd knob at the lower right front of the TX, turn that one down to about the half-way position, this is for steering throw, you don't need much for this boat. If you do, then crank it up a little. Also, check every screw to make sure that they are tight and Lock-tite the grub screw(s) on the prop shaft. The boat does come with some Allen wrenches to do this with.
Don't order any extra pieces until after you get the boat, I don't know off hand what it does or doesn't come with. I just know my boat.
The stock prop is terrible, get something better like an Octura X437 to put on it.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:43 PM
550racer

that props the 3 blade theres 2 different ones ones alum an ones plastic? would the alum work? im not to fond of plastic its only good for electrics i think the nitro/gas needs metal or alum props
Old 09-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Ron Olson

You can get by with a plastic prop but I run Beryllium Copper ones because that's what I have. The motor is only about 1 HP and 20,000 RPM, not a powerplant as this size goes. Somw people have run up to an X440/3 prop but I found this a little big.
The aluminum prop is fine.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Pagemaster

We have found that one of the best replacement props for the Aqua Jet is the 40mm Carbon Prop, big speed increase. The larger Octura props dont fit well because the shaft on the Aqua is very short. With the carbon props we counter sink the hub to get them to fit. We also have the upgraded tuned pipe on the site with all the needed parts.

Ron have you tried bearings on the shaft and outdrive on the Grey Thunder? They make a huge difference. The bushings I've measured, measure about 4.1 to 4.2mm and the shaft is 4mm. Lots of wobble but passes with the stock system. Once you start making some more rpm's with upgrades, bearings are a must.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.