Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

N Dallas. Dude where is my boat

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

N Dallas. Dude where is my boat

Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N Dallas. Dude where is my boat

This is more of a funny thing or at the time stupid is is stupid does. Lived in off Lower Greenville. Downtown Dallas Texas. Anyway got back into boats. Lived in a small fourplex. Get on the net looking for a boat hull. Who do I come across? Forabuck aka; Vern Kilmer. lol. Anyway he is selling this awesome looking cats. 54" Thundercats. Lord knows I didn't know they were splashes from Toms Expresscraft boats. Emails flow back and forth. I say Vern I want the baddest Bicardi Silver Racing boat you can make. He says cool. He custom gel coated this boat just for me I got to tell you this was/still Verns best work. So I go to RCU find a boat motor. Guy had a *****in brand new still in the box with pipe OPS .90 engine. I think $250 or $275. If you guys go look up me god knows a have done a lot of biz on her. So I build it, build it and they will come. Bunch of the nicest rc boaters you guys will ever meet. N Dallas off Sandy Lake and 35E by Mikes Hobbies. Take the boat out. Guys from boat club are their. Show up in my green Land Rover with the rubber boat strapped to the top of it. Me and my buddy are struggling to get boat going. Couple guys come over and want to help from that club. God love them. We got it going but would bog quit. Break out the rubber raft and oars. So I got mad put it up on RCU for sale. We are almost done. Got a guy name King. He lives in Krum Texas. He wanted the boat and we traded for a BAE Hawk jet. So time goes by and Dallas is small and people talke and I find out the guy that bought the boat put a smaller prop is now hitting last time I talked to the cool folks in Dallas was high 50mph. Stupid is is stupid does. So dude, how is my boat that was built by forabuck and finished built with a top of the line OPS engine, Aeromarine motor mounts and the vast majority of the hardware from Marine Specialties with the dual rudders. Dude, wheres my boat?LOL
Attached Images