Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

DPI F-1 TUNNEL HULL 1/4 Scale seebold

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

DPI F-1 TUNNEL HULL 1/4 Scale seebold

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
ga.dawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DPI F-1 TUNNEL HULL 1/4 Scale seebold

Hello ladies and gentlemen I am new to this hobby, my dad and brother have been have been in the airplane and helicopter world for more years than I can remember and they fly everything from electric to gas and nitro. Well I am going to get in to the boats and I have a new in the box DPI F1 1/4 scale tunnel hull on the way, I know it is a big boat to start off with but I could not turn down the deal. Couple of questions.1. Is the K&B 11cc a good match?2. What running gear will I need and where is the best place to get the parts?3. Do I paint after all the fitting?Thanks for all the answers in advance and I will do a lot of reading on here.Go Dawgs.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: DPI F-1 TUNNEL HULL 1/4 Scale seebold

The K&B 11cc will do as it's made for that one or the 13cc.
If the new owner of DPI is still using ABS plastic to make these then you'll want to paint every part that is exposed even if it's in clear. You can probably paint it anytime.
most of the hardware for that boat is standard hobby shop parts as far the the steering and throttle linkage goes, Sullivan flexible cables will do the job. you imght as well get a Sullivan fuel tank while you're at it, an SS in the 12-16 ounce range for decent run times.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM
rcguy1411

The K&B 11cc or 13 cc outboards will work fine on that hull the downside to these engines is parts they are getting hard to find i own a few outboards the 11cc is a beast you will neeg a good starter to crank it over the cheaper ones wont last long also a good higj torq servo for stearing is a must have
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

As far as paint goes, I used Top-Flite's Lustrekote paint on my DPI hulls. Paint it inside and out as the plastic doesn't like nitro very much even if you do it with clear to protect it.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Outboard Jay

Hello Dawg!
Keep us posted on your hull..If the DPI is the same hull that was offered way back when...there are some inherent problems...namely because the hull
trapped a lot of air and this resulted in blow-overs...I spent a lot of time and effort trying to trim the hull...it never was really a competition hull....BUT, if
you keep at it, and stow enough weight in the nose you might be happy with "fun-running"

CALM WATER AND CLEAR SKIES!!!

Jay