Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

JAE RIGGER

Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM
krazikiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAE RIGGER

Hi All
Just finished my jae 21 rigger running a hyper 21 8 port motor is this a good choice
Or just too revvy and not enough tourqe any recommendations for pipe and prop
I live in New Zealand and want to smash the record for the 3.5cc class
Any help would be great
Old 06-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: JAE RIGGER

I'm not sure what a Hyper .21 is but I'm guessing that it came from an 1/8 scale car. Generally those engines don't have good timing for boats.
As for smashing any records, lots of luck there as the Nova Rossi and A/A engines are doing the job in the Down Under countries. Those guys have been doing record runs for a while so they know what they're doing. Being relatively new here and since we know so little about you we don't know what your experience level is but it's not easy to set a record.
I haven't tried it myself but have gone to a few record trial events here in the US and these guys are really over the top on the smallest details to get out that extra tenth of a MPH. They'll move a pipe just a hair, bend the prop just a little more or less, use laser levels to make sure everything is lined up perfectly, the list goes on. Just because you might have seen that Martin Truex Jr. has set a lot of records with JAE boats doesn't mean that he didn't do some of his own tricks to it either. Record setters don't give out their best secrets.
If we have to tell you what props and pipes to use, you're not ready yet to go after a record. Sorry, just the hard truth. This stuff you simply can't buy off the shelf, bolt it on and go otherwise we all could do it.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM
kroggs

Hmm laser level, have not thought of that one!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, they use them to help set the AOA on the sponsons. With a JAE you wouldn't need it as the sponson angles are very forgiving and there's only the ski on the rear.
Some of the guys are so weight conscious that they'll remove the RX from its box, trim off the servo mount tabs and drill holes in the cases to drop every gram they can. Grams add up to ounces which add up to more speed. Most of these boats are built so that they're expendable as they're shot once a record is set then become shelf queens.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13430.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1890853  
Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 AM
advanced builder

ABC H7 prop works good.I like a cowl add-on Hitec 225 rudder 81-82 for the 3rd channel , carb