Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

shelf life of nitro

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

shelf life of nitro

Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shelf life of nitro

hey guys,i have an unopened gallon of nitro that I bought last summer.didnt get a chance to use it,wondering if it will be ok to use in the upcoming weekends.if there is a shelf life of nitro,what kind of time frame does it have? thanks.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Blackout

Default RE: shelf life of nitro

Should be fine. Shelf life is long if stored in a cool dry location out of sun light.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
bigcam406

thanks for the reply.its been in a closet since last summer so i assume its good to go.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
toyotatruckin

Should be fine, I always kept mine in the basement in my hobby room and had some stuff that was a couple years old and ran like it was new, like already posted above keep it in a cool dry place out of the sun and sealed up tight your good to go!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have to agree, to a point. Shelf life doesn't seem to be an issue as long as the can/jug hasn't been opened. I have a partial can of Powermaster 50% fuel that was opened and left to sit for well over a year. When I tried to use it last August, it still worked but didn't have any power. I opened up a new can just as old but still sealed in September, was just like it was off the hobby shop shelf. I used some of the second can of fuel last weekend, still works great. My fuel is stored in the garage so it only see's daylight when I open the front door. I've had this fuel for going on four years if that says anything
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
bigcam406

thanks for the replies.i bought a gallon approx. a year ago to the month,and unfortunately couldn't find the time to use it over my holidays.i was prepping my boat this week for hopefully this weekend and I saw it in my closet.i started wondering if it would be any good, as I heard various stories on shelf life.thanks for clearing it up for me.