Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

glo starter

Old 09-23-2003, 05:41 PM
550racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glo starter

how long do u have to let the glo starter on the glo plug before u can start it up? does it take time to glo or right when u put the starter on its hot alredy?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Nate-RCU

Default RE: glo starter

provided your glow driver is charged and your plug is good, it is good to go as soon as you put it on.You can see yourself if you take the plug out and place the driver on it and look at the coil, it should turn bright red...........

Regards, Nate
Old 09-23-2003, 09:24 PM
550racer

i just got a better glo starter the rechrgable ones the one that the guy sent me was one them c battry ones it didnt do much
Old 09-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Nate-RCU

Those are the only ones I use now.......more handy.Do you have a charger for it.If so if you charged it up and still no go ensure the plug is good and possibly the batt is gone........

regards,

Nate
Old 09-23-2003, 10:44 PM
550racer

yup i got the charger on it ill let it charge all nite its got a meter on it to show how much juice is on the batt
Old 09-24-2003, 05:25 PM
Ken Hildreth

The Meter should only go up into green when hooked to a good glow plug. Do you have spare plugs, Check more than one. it is possible the igniter is bad, but much more likely the glow plug is. hope this helps, Ken
Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
vamp131

Hi I have had tons of glow starters used to use a all in one job but the small battery only made the glow plug glow red got a nice 2 volt square battery

just bought one i can run off 12volts glow plug is white hot engine starts 1st turn vert handy as i have a plane and air boat use a 12 volt to start it and one of my boats is belt only use the small glow plug on my pull start boat the 2 volt cell option is the cheep option in scotland that cost £12 for the bat and clip all in one cost £15 and the 12 volt one cost me £7 from e bay never run out of power again lol
Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
BB Modss

Plug does not need to be cherry hot, high voltage will shorten plug life, I use no more then 1.2volts for ignition.