Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Budwieser

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Budwieser

Old 10-03-2013, 04:06 PM
papaw14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Budwieser

Just purchased a used miss bud. 1/12 scale. I have been reading about it on this site and have found that it doesn't turn left very well. Would it help if I put a turn fin on the left side? If so, what should I order?

Thanks, Paul
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

They're made to run clock-wise but can make lefts if you slow it down. There are no turn fins made for the left side.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:24 AM
papaw14

Thank you. I just started it and it would only run wide open. I discovered the exhaust gasket was blown out due to the screws being loose. The engine is a Dynamite 15. I am having trouble finding the gasket on the net. The carb is soaking in fuel now, I will clean it later. Would the blown gasket have caused the engine problem?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:51 AM
amax

You can seal the exhaust flange with a lite film of RTV Silicone, just let it dry overnight, it will last longer than the paper gaskets do. I use silicone on the threads of the screws also to work like Locktight, but the silicone will stand up to the nitro fuel better than locktight.

If the carb is Completely Shut and it's still trying to Rev High then your Air\Fuel Mixture is Too Lean. BUT these small nitro engines Rev Higher at Idle then a Standard Gasoline Engine. they idle somewhere around 1500 to 2000 RPM and Max RPM will be around 30,000+.

Check the Main Jet\Needle to make sure it is Clean and unrestricted. Makes Sure the O-ring around the Main (High Speed Needle) is not broken and the Needle Housing is Screwed in Snug in the Carb.

Make sure the Pressure Line from the Exhaust Pipe to the Fuel Cell is attached and in good shape and Unrestricted, this is your Fuel Pump.
Also make sure you Remove the Fuel Line from the Carb After you Run to release the Fuel Pressure built up in the line so It Doesn't Flood the carb.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM
papaw14

Thank you very much. The fuel tank could not have been pressurized because the exhaust had a very large opening to atmosphere. The throttle was free to open and close but any position other than wide open caused it to die. I was thinking it was not getting enough pressure to flow fuel because of the exhaust leak anytime the engine was not producing any pressure. Do you mean to lightly coat the exhaust flange, let it dry overnight then install. To get fuel to the carb I had to choke the carb and then it was very slow. The engine has a rotostart and it spins very fast. Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Go to the hobby shop and see if they have any exhaust gaskets for .12-.18 engines as they're pretty much universal in those sizes. I used those from Team Associated.
If the starter is spinning fast but not starting it can be that your idle speed is to low or there's another leak somewhere (head gasket, worn piston or bearings).
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 AM
amax

Originally Posted by papaw14 View Post
Thank you very much. The fuel tank could not have been pressurized because the exhaust had a very large opening to atmosphere. The throttle was free to open and close but any position other than wide open caused it to die. I was thinking it was not getting enough pressure to flow fuel because of the exhaust leak anytime the engine was not producing any pressure. Do you mean to lightly coat the exhaust flange, let it dry overnight then install. To get fuel to the carb I had to choke the carb and then it was very slow. The engine has a rotostart and it spins very fast. Thanks again.

Wipe a Light Coat on the flange then Install it and let dry overnight.
Just a blown gasket shouldn't Stop it from getting pressure but it will prevent it from reaching Full Pressure at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) and cause Some Idling Issues.
Make sure ALL Bolts are tight especially the Head Bolts. If it's spinning Freely with the Rotostart the Piston and Sleeve Could be worn heavily.