Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

pictures of my new boat

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

pictures of my new boat

Old 09-24-2003, 02:43 PM
550racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of my new boat

heres my new well used new to me boat lol its not bad for 140 shipped to my door the engine has alot of compresion i have to lossin the glo plug to pull start it other wize its really hard to pull i have not started it up yet still need to make a water cooling jig for it so i can have water flowin thru the head. the 3rd pic is my ss-4 fuel tank thats goin to go in only prob is i have to mount it so the kluck is twards the end of the boat so u have to have it turned around so the front where the lines hook up is twards the front of the haul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13538.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	63469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53451.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	63470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85574.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	63471  
Old 10-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Neil Guildford

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: pictures of my new boat

How did you get on changing the fuel tank over?

I have a wave shark 18 ic and the 75cc tank only lasts about 3/4 mins.

Neil
Old 10-19-2003, 04:55 PM
550racer

get a sullivan SS-4 tank it should fit in the ralings of the wave shark..
Old 10-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The way that I built that tank for you is so that the fittings go towards the engine. With the bow up in the running position the fuel will run towards the pickup. Since most boats are made for right hand turns the pickup is also in the right corner. Several people have converted their CEN Racing boats over to this since I first posted it in www.radiocontrolzone.com . I went to Toledo for a Fun Run yesterday and one person there had seen the posting and showed me his boat that he had converted to the SS-4 tank.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:10 PM
550racer

hey ron i got that prather prop that u recomended i got the stainless steel one..but its a lil loose on the shaft? the hole on the prop is bigger then the shaft.. do i need to peaice of brass to go inside the prop an then on the shaft?

also u dont have to if u dont wana but do u think if i send the prop to you you can balance an sharpin it for me? i looked at the ballancers there but i decided ill let someone more experianced get it goin for me.. let me know

also take a look at my "Starting belt topic" and let me know if them pictures is fine? i dont wana mess anything up
Old 10-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, send it to me and I can do it for you. Just remember to send enough postage for the return trip. The tank cost me 85 cents more than you sent me to ship it back. If it's a Prather 215, I have one here still in the package in Stainless steel that I can start on. You might need a tiny piece of brass or aluminum tubing to fit between that prop and shaft.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:34 PM
550racer

thats the one i got ron same one ..do you have any brass layin around u can put on the prop for me so all i gotta do is bolt it up? ill send the prop out i just opned myne and looked at it and made sure it fit witout hitting the rudder an put it back in the pakage..

PM me ur address again so i can send the prop out ..