Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

nitro hammer vs miss vegas deuce

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

nitro hammer vs miss vegas deuce

Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
klze662

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro hammer vs miss vegas deuce

Hello I have a nitro hammer with the .15 as my first boat it runs good but I want something faster, so I came across a aquacraft .18 engine for sale and thought about upgrading but I now have enough money saved to get a miss vegas deuce which has a .18 installed. Question is which would be faster or am I just wasting money?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

It really depends on how you want to run your boat. Do you want to have a play boat that turns both ways, stick with the Hammer. Do you want speed and don't mind only turning right while at speed, buy a Vegas. That's pretty much what the differences are
Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 AM
klze662

I love the speed I would assume the hammer is about 25mph and the vegas is about 40mph I'm running in a big lake at my apartment complex.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

A waste of money.
Unless a serious amount of work is done to the Nitro Hammer I wouldn't bother with it. The straight drive doesn't allow you to move up to the prop size that it would need after the engine swap.
Move up to the Deuce.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:49 AM
fuma

I own two vegas deuce both have been good boats for a rtr. Fast and fun to drive with my son.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I can understand why you might want to do the swap. The .15's really aren't good engines as they had a lot of problems with the cranks breaking on them. Most of the RTR boats are built with the beginner in mind, not really designed for a slew of hop-ups.
The Deuce though is a different story as a few have been modded to race in the Sport 20 class.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 AM
klze662

Sounds good guess I'll buy the deuse and then sell my hammer. The deuce looks better anyway.