Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dynamite .15 carb issue

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dynamite .15 carb issue

Old 08-23-2014, 08:33 AM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite .15 carb issue

as the title states,im having a issue with the carb on my Fastech nitro.i have run it several times this season,and though it works very well,lately i have been having some problems with the carb lifting off the intake.it started a few weeks ago,when after an afternoon of running,i noticed the carb holddown screw loose.i removed it and threw some loctite on it.ever since then,the carb keeps lifting off the motor while running.i have had the engine out 4 times already in the past 2 weeks,i check the clamps to make sure they are working.i reinstall the carb,tighten the screw.the carb feels good and tight.then when i start it and run it for a few mins out on the water,it starts acting up and dies.when recovered,i notice the carb lifting up and off the intake.the holdown screw is still tight.just wondering if anyone has some suggestions or tips to rectify this problem.my LHS even said they have never seen this problem.thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 AM
rcguy1411

If its the two piece clamp type you can file the center sometimes the brass stretches if you have over tightened it if it's a one piece with a threaded end you will need to replace it
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 AM
bigcam406

its the 2 piece clamp style.i was told it was possibly warped by either overtightening or overheating.i cant see how either could of happened,as you can only tighten the screw so much and,i have only run it for a few hours a few weeks ago and ever since then,it hasnt been run that much due to the carb problem.i have another carb from another Dynamite .15 lying around,so i was thinking of doing a carb swap with new clamps to see if that fixes things.i dont understand what you meant by filing the center.center of what? i will tell you that when i try to reinstall the carb its really tight and it takes alot of effort to push the carb onto the engine.thanks for the response.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:50 AM
bigcam406

i removed the screw and clamps yesterday and installed the carb.the carb slid right on without any problems.i had another Dynamite .15 and i used that as a reference to see how the clamps were supposed to be positioned.i found that the problem was caused by the clamps not positioned properly.i dont know how they got in the position they were in,but after i reinstalled the carb and clamps properly,the carb is nice and tight.im going to run it this weekend weather permitting and see how it goes.thanks for the help.