Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas Dragon Fly hydro

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dumas Dragon Fly hydro

Old 10-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Super sound 23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas Dragon Fly hydro

Hello

I am interested in the Dumas Dragon Fly, kit I know this is a vantage discounted kit, that has not been available for a long time. I though I might give this a shot could be asking for the impossible, but was looking for the complete kit or if some one has it and does not want to sell templates of parts transferred to paper would be willing to pay for as well .

Thanks David
Old 10-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I would make sure that they actually have one in stock before going any further. I've seen too many sites that show that they may have something but haven't updated their sites in years.
Dumas kits aren't easy to work on. The wood quality for their kits is usually of poor and difficult to work with. The hardware kits weren't that great 30 years ago. I've got a buddy that has a .60 version and never got it running right.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

And that's the rub with the Dumas kits. If you build them as directed, they don't work well but at the same time, if you make changes, the purists get you.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Super sound 23

Can any one elaborate further on the quality of Dumas Kits, and over all performance of the Drag N fly, hydro and what it take to make one preform right ? Thanks any help would be appreciated David
Old 11-18-2014, 03:59 PM
coriolan

David
Build a few of them in the 80's(short-stuff,Pay'n'Pack, DV-21)they were all pretty heavy and as Ron's said the wood quality isn't the best. They do run but nothing exciting compared to modern designs,their hardware set are very outdated also. If you want one for nostalgia sake its Ok but don't expect blazing performance and handling!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

If you really want to build one, use the kit for templates and use a good grade plywood instead of the doorskin. Using Aeromarine, Speedmaster or one of the other current hardware suppliers for running gear will help but, if you really want it to work, you're going to need to make it much lighter and get to out of the water more than what they have run at. If you check out my thread, Re-engineering a Dumas Pay' N Pak, you will see what I mean
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/spee...-payn-pak.html

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 11-18-2014 at 06:22 PM.