Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

O.S .18 CV RMX discontinued?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

O.S .18 CV RMX discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S .18 CV RMX discontinued?

was looking for a replacement for my Dynamite .15 in my Proboat Fastech nitro and i saw on Tower Hobbies site that it was discontinued.i wrote 2 emails to OS ([email protected]) asking this question,still have not received a response back.i checked the OS website and they are still listing it.anyone have info about this? any other viable options out there for this boat? i was told KB makes a .15,and i looked it up and it was only 69 bucks.did some reading and i heard KB isnt what they used to be.would rather spend the extra money and put the OS in it.any help would be appreciated.thanks.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:32 PM
1neumann

According to my hobby shop it is discontinued. But if you go to the OS website they still list it? It looks like funrcboats.com still has them in stock on their website. You may want to call them first and confirm that. A few other websites show them at a higher price than funrc. I wanted to replace the engine in my supervee 27 and ended up going with the supertigre .18 and I am happy with it.

Last edited by 1neumann; 09-12-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:36 PM
1neumann

Also novarossi has a .15 that would work at a great price considering its a Novarossi. I cheaped out and bought the supertigre for $99 plus a coupon discount at tower hobbies.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:59 PM
bigcam406

thanks for the replies.i havnt been able to visit my LHS as of late to see if he has it in stock,but i'll keep your recommendations in mind.how has your supertigre been running? is it a good bang for the buck as well?
Old 09-15-2015, 09:33 AM
1neumann

I am pretty happy with it so far. It has given me a few more miles per hour and idles very well. The case of the motor is a little wider and longer than my aquacraft motor. so i had to get longer header mounting bolts and trim my flex cable collet a little shorter. the mounting bolt pattern is the same as the old motor. my only gripe is with the roto start assembly. the gear mesh from the factory was slipping and would have stripped out if i had tried to start the motor with it. i took it off and put a pull start on right off the get go. or you can use a belt setup to start it. i put a post about the pull start conversion on the main nitro boat page. also the super tigre quiet tuned pipe works very well with the motor without having to cut/tune the pipe. the motor revs really high compared to my old motor and i can hear/see it coming on and off the pipe which to me says the pipe is working properly. if it wasnt towards the end of the season i probably would have tracked down the o.s. motor your looking for because its even faster than the super tigre. but i am pleased with the super tigre overall as it has also proved to be fast, at least in my application.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:20 AM
bigcam406

thanks for the details.i will keep that engine in mind as an option as well.