Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Great Planes wildcat Nitro conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Great Planes wildcat Nitro conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 08:57 AM
redneckjetboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes wildcat Nitro conversion

im thinking about putting a TRX 2.5 in a 26 inch great planes wildcat, the boat is from the late 80s and everything in it is clapped out and pretty lame, its got twin 550's in it and a mechanical speed control. i know i will have to reinforce the hull, i have an idea about how im going to do it but im wondering what kind of glue i need to use for bonding wood to the plastic hull? any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, also, do you think the 2.5 is a good motor for thin boat, i think it will be pretty light when done.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought one of those for my son when he was a little guy and it was an awful boat. I don't know which Traxxas engine you want to put in, the boat or truck version. They're really heavy especially when combined with the onboard starter and RTS system.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 AM
redneckjetboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was going to build an engine from parts, i know ill have to have the short 5mm internal threaded crank (Traxxas PN 5221) as well as the watercooled head, i think im going to go with a roto starter as well.

Last edited by redneckjetboat; 01-07-2016 at 11:27 AM.