Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Need help finishing 1985 Dumas Miller lite hydroplane for dad

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Need help finishing 1985 Dumas Miller lite hydroplane for dad

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 03:10 PM
jakejones363

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finishing 1985 Dumas Miller lite hydroplane for dad

Hello so my dad has the Dumas Miller lite #1322 hydroplane he started 24years ago( started it and then shortly found out him and my mom we're pregnant with there first kid and four kids and 24 years later it still sitting on the shelf assembled with no motor or paint). I would really like to finish it for him as he is a big hydroplane fan. He still has the box with said you need hardware kit #2357 for it and I have looked everywhere but it's sold out anywhere I can't find out. He has the whole thing built it just needs hardware I'm prettt sure. Is there anyone that can't point me in the right direction for parts I need? I emailed Dumas and a couple other rc store with no luck for help. I will post pictures tomorrow. He's home right now. Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

First off, the Dumas hardware wasn't worth the money. My first two boat were Dumas kits and, using the recommended hardware, they were basically dogs.
Now, as to where to get good hardware, I can give you a few options that make quality parts:
1) Speedmaster They manufacture just about everything you will need. Their hardware can be seen on their website, speedmaster hardware or you can call them at 407-889-2283
2) Accu-Tech The make hardware specifically for R/C Boat Company scale hydroplanes but it should work on your boat as well. Their website is 1/8 Scale Hydro
Old 04-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

So, any updates?