Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

proboat 1/12 miss bud

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

proboat 1/12 miss bud

Old 10-25-2003, 03:49 PM
48chebbie
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proboat 1/12 miss bud

hi folks,i finished a little project today,and got to run it. i liked my miss bud,but,i am not a big fan of having my little nitro boat go dead in the water from going to slow,or on launch,so, i ordered a complete clutch set-up from megatech(wicked angel),modified it a little,and put it on my miss bud. man!,talk about easier to handle,and deal with. now,when i want to go,or stop i just let off the throttle. plus,alot lower idle speed.i can't tell it is any slower on the top than it was stock.you will need access to a lathe,but the conversion is very simple. the flywheel,shoes,clutchbell,shaft ferrel,and nut,all cost about $27.00 from AHC/megatech. flywheel must be turned down,and the crankshaft hub has to be faced off flat,or the whole set-up gets too long. the way i did it,with clutch components and all,is the same length as the directdrive parts,so no modification to the stuffing tube,or prop shaft. i will try to get some pics soon. later
Old 11-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Joel Antonio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: proboat 1/12 miss bud

Hi:

Wow!!! I want to see that. Please let me know when you post the Pics. Regards, Joel

[email protected]