Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas Sorcerer

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dumas Sorcerer

Old 12-11-2003, 04:39 PM
flyn4Him

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas Sorcerer

Have any of you guys ever ran or seen this boat run? I'm thinking of having Santa bring me one for Christmas, but I'm just getting started in RC boats. I have lots of experience with planes, but very limited with boats. What do you boat gurus think? Would it be ok with a 60 size engine instead of the 40? Any info. would greatly be appreciated by Santa. HEHEHEHE.

In Christ,

Joel Chavez
Old 12-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Will Sgarlat

Default RE: Dumas Sorcerer

Hi Joel,
I used to see the Scorcer in model boat catalogs in the early 80's, did Dumas make it? It was a low riding shallow vee with cool looking racey lines, right? I remember liking it based on one pic in a catalog, but I don't remember a real whole lot about the Scorcerer. Where did you find the picture(s) you're looking at? Can you still get one?
If the engine range in the plans specifies using like 7.5 to 11 cc, heck why not wedge the big one in there? However if the kit says that it's designed for 3.5 to 7.5 cc and you put an 11 cc in there then you would have a squirrely boat that will be hard to drive and will likely blow off the water (flip in the air) more often than you'd like, and the wooden hull structure would probably give out...but the hole shots would be really fun!

Let me know where I can see that boat!
Good luck,
Will
Old 12-27-2003, 11:58 AM
flyn4Him

Thanks for your input. You can view the boat in Dumas's website www.dumas products.com. You will need to go to the "speciality boat" link and view it there. Hope you have a great weekend.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]

In Christ,

Joel Chavez
Old 12-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Dumas Sorcerer is an old design as are 90% of their kits. Most of these were designed way back in the `70's and early `80's. If you're just going to mess around with it, fine, but if you plan on racing it, I'd look elsewhere.
Unfortunately most boats sold at major Hobby dealers like Tower are pretty much outdated and Dumas isn't the only one. Prather hasn't updated their kits in a long time either.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:40 PM
tsunami

somtimes old school works better
our hull design is at least 20 years old and we were consistantly the quickest fuel boat all of last year.
all it takes is improvments elswere,the key for us was a duel prop setup