Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Need help with which possible prop to use

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Need help with which possible prop to use

Old 12-24-2003, 11:32 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with which possible prop to use

Ok , heres my situation .... I bought my sons a GP WILDCAT , which was electric . I did not like the way it ran so slow ... ( and neither did my two boys -age 9 and 8 )
So ... I got myself a Megatech M-16 nitro car motor ( which they claim does 30,000 RPM's ) that I converted over to water cooled. Now , the WILDCAT orignally had twin drives on it , which I also changed over to a single . With a ABS hull , and this M-16 engine , anybody have any ideas as to which prop would be a good starting point to get started with ? Currently one of the original little plastic ones is on there , but I know that that thing will just cavitate with that Megatech engine .
I was going to change it over to 3/16 inch drive , but have left it ( for now anyways ) to the original 1/8 solid shaft drive .
The waters here are hard right now .
Any ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you [8D]
Old 12-25-2003, 07:02 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Need help with which possible prop to use

Bob, start with an Octura X435 and if it takes it with no trouble, move up to a X437.
If you are going to put a flex cable in it, Ed Hughey and others make the cable with either 1/8" or 3/16" stub shafts. Stay with the 1/8" cable as it's going to be difficult if not impossible to find a flex cable coupler to use a 3/16" cable that will attach to 5mm threads like those on a "small block" engine. I have struts on my boats that I can quickly interchange to either of these cables depending on which prop I want to run.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:55 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with which possible prop to use

Thank you Ron ,
Words of advice from you are always appreciated and taken .
Also , thanks for the advice about the flex and interchangablities .

Hope the man in RED gave you a nice visit [8D] and gave you all you wished for .

The 435 will definately be the one I start with ..