Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

nitro hammer rudder and throttle ??????

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

nitro hammer rudder and throttle ??????

Old 02-29-2004, 05:11 PM
mburian02
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro hammer rudder and throttle ??????

ok, i got to take my nitro hammer out for the first time first thing i did when it hit the water is on accident hit the trigger forward and it killed it and that really sucked , i had to go to the other side of the pond and wait for like 20 minutes... is there any way to eleminate it dying when the trigger goes foward?????
also, i did get to run it for a bit and when i was bringing it back in the rudder caught bottom and snapped off , is there a metal rudder i can buy for the hammer????or is it possible to super glue it back together and make it hold for a while???? this is my first boat so any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance
mike
Old 02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
ibuildstuff

Default RE: nitro hammer rudder and throttle ??????

lemmie see pictures of the rudder bracket, and ill tell ya what to go buy to fabricate yourself a metal rudder.. i did the same thing with my shockwave.. and its great..

as for the throttle, sent your end point (pushing your throttle all the way forward) then set the linkage to where it doesnt shut off.. but then again, how would you shut it off when you bring it in?

Jesse
Old 03-01-2004, 01:44 AM
mburian02
My Feedback: (2)

i actually repaired the rudder , and it seems to be working great now.... i driller a hole down the center of the shaft the ran a screw down the center and tightend it up and seems to be working great so far that is but i will get a picture for you because a meteal rudder would be nice to have.
thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 09:49 AM
mayor greez

The engine is supposed to shut off when you push the throttle trigger forward (see the manual, page 5). It is a safety feature and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change it.

REMEMBER!! Safety First!!

-Greez
Old 03-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You could swap out the rudder for an Octura one. They make a long rudder and an extended mount the would put the rudder back where it should be. I'll have to dig up the part numbers that I used on my Wild Thing .12 .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59086.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	106749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51131.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	106750