Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Official CEN Aqua Jet Nitro Site

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Official CEN Aqua Jet Nitro Site

Old 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
jer291113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official CEN Aqua Jet Nitro Site

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting this thread for all who may own or have an interests in CEN's Aqua Jet Nitro.

It's an attempt to gaither everyone's ideas, thoughts, suggestions, pictures, and critiques of the Aqua Jet.

Feel free to leave any posts relative to the Aqua Jet Nitro!

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:33 PM
jer291113

Default RE: Official CEN Aqua Jet Nitro Site

I finally got my boat in the water today!!!

Getting it there was a trip in a half...[]

First I couldn't get it started, try as I may, nothing...I adjusted everything, but it wouldn't start.

Then I noticed that the throttle arm wasn't seated all the way in! Backed out the idle pin all the way and pulled the rotator out of the carb. Looking down the carb air intake I see a spring turned sideways???? I pulled the spring out and re-inserted it and assebled the carb - BOOM!!! it started right up!!!

I have the NT-18 engine, installed the RCBM exhaust mod, using 30% nitro this boat was screaming around the lake and I didn't even open her up to full throttle. I also installed a Sullivan SS-8 (8 ozs) 236.5 ml which is a little over 3 times the size of the stock engine. It was great...I had approximately 15 minutes of incredible thrills with enough left to bring her in for refueling.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EXHAUST HEADER STICKS UP A 1/4" TOO MUCH, SOMETHING THE RCBM ARTICLE FAILS TO MENTION, I'LL HAVE TO HEAT THE HATCH UP AND PRESS IT DOWN OVER THE EXHAUST HEADER TO FORM THE HATCH AROUND IT UNLESS SOMEONE HAS A BETTER IDEA!!!

So that was my experience breaking in my Aqua Jet...tomorrow I'll fine tune the engine and install the carbon fiber prop... to bad the sun had to set (LOL)

I'll keep you posted! Aside from the carb spring (disappointed with CEN's QC) I love the boat and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fast, fun nitro!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:06 PM
550racer

Default RE: Official CEN Aqua Jet Nitro Site

i got one changed out the stock exhost and put a mac tuned pipe for the 2.5cc. put a sillivan 6oz tank put trim tabs and got the tiger drive on it. and put a prather 215 prop on it.