Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

I'm looking for a new boat.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

I'm looking for a new boat.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 07:49 AM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm looking for a new boat.

I am new to the rc boating world and i don't know whether to get a nitro or an electric boat. I've had one electric boat before, the Stinger SS, and it was pretty fast and stable. I've been looking at the nitro boats and they look very tempting. Anyone have any suggestions on a easy-to-run, fast, stable, nitro boat for a begginner? any imput is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: I'm looking for a new boat.

Aquacraft Nitro Hammer for now. The Aeromarine Mean Machine 18 when it comes out later this month. If you thought that your Stinger SS was fast, hang onto your shorts!

Boy, I wish that I was getting a commission for promoting these boats.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:05 PM
eas___1990

ya sorta like a finders fee dealers pay you for tellin people how good thier cars are
Old 11-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Aint it the truth. For as many times as I've plugged Roger Newton and his scale hydro plans, I shold get something, right?
Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

HJ, you'd think! I wouldn't push any boat unless I've had personal experience with one. The Nitro Hammer I've gotten experience with other peoples boats and I've seen Remy's boat go from the early protoype stage to the pre-production. The price tag on the MM 18 is higher than most new boaters want to pay considering that the prices on good RTF boats is coming down but you do have to see one in person to see the quality of the work on it.
Like I've said many times before, Aeromarine is going to raise the bar on RTR boats. If I didn't have so many boats now I'd be on the waiting list.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:15 AM
CFRACR

IS IT NOT THE TRUTH. AS MUCH PLUGGING THAT HAS BEEN DONE YOU ALMOST FEEL LIKE A OUTSIDE SALES REP. SINCE WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISING IS THE BEST, WE HAVE THE MOST IMPACT ON A POTENTIAL BUYER BY FAR!

RON, NOT SURE IF AEROMARINE'S MM-18 IS GOING TO EFFECT THE MARKET MUCH. UNLESS AEROMARINE MAKES IT EASIER FOR THE LHS TO CARRY THE PRODUCT, THE MAINSTREAM RTR'S WILL NOT BE AFFECTED. THE BIG MANUFACTURERS WOULD SEE IT AS A SMALL FISH AND NOT REALLY PAY MUCH ATTENTION. THUS NOT CHANGING THEIR PRODUCT UNFORTUNATLY.[&o]

THERE IS ALSO THE QUAGMIRE OF THE PRICE RANGES. FOR THE NEWBIE LOOKING FOR A START UP PACKAGE. THE MM-18 WILL BE OUT OF MOST BUDGETS. TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THAT I THINK THE MAJORITY OF START UP PACKAGES ARE PURCHASED BY YOUNGINS. WILL ALL OF THE SUPPORT HARDWARE ECT., WOULD COST A PRETTY PENNY FOR A MM-18 + SUPPORT GEAR.
THERE IS ALSO THE IMPULSE BUY! IF ITS NOT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU, THEN YOU TEND TO MOVE ON, OR PUT OFF. THE OWNER OF MY LHS TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD TO PURCHASE TO MUCH STUFF FROM AEROMARINE FOR THEM TO BE A VENDER. SAYING THAT MUCH OF THE STUFF NEVER SOLD AND WAS IN LITTLE TO NO DEMAND. SO THEY STOPPED DEALING WITH THEM.[]