Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

engine/flexdrive/boat combo question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

engine/flexdrive/boat combo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 02:10 AM
endeavor_635650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine/flexdrive/boat combo question

i'm new to nitro boating and needed help choosing the correct flexdrive for my engine. at http://www.dumasproducts.com/cgi-bin/dumas.storefront There are three flexdrives stock numbers 2334, 2327, and 2326. will any of these fit on an O.S. .15 CV-MX Marine found at http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBY89&P=0 And if not what would be a good engine in the .10 range that would fit on one of these flexdrives. what would be a good metal prop as a replacement for the stock one? all of this is to go into a Dumas Short Stuff Deep Vee 10 Kit.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: engine/flexdrive/boat combo question

Most of their hardware is outdated by today's standards. That hull has been around for a good 25 years or more. You can go with a good low Dollar setup from Octura. You'll need a flywheel from OS, part #1-D if I'm right, an Octura 5mm threaded flex cable collet for a .125" cable that they'll show as a .130" . You can get their strut and rudder. I'd go with a different flex cable though, one with a 1/8" cable and hard shaft. For a prop, probably an Octura X-435.
You may find out that this is a lot of motor for that hull as it was designed way back when for less power. You can use an R/C car or truck motor in it as with that hull the heat sink heads will get plenty of cooling air plus you won't have to run cooling lines and a water pick-up. A good .12 will do the job.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
eas___1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine/flexdrive/boat combo question

hey ron did you get that prize you won from hmcnett yet,and if you did how do you like it?