Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Highest nitro content ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Highest nitro content ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highest nitro content ?

ok , got a goody here .
I converted a Shin 23 CC gasser into nitro , have been running 15 per cent nitro content in her . Now for the question .
has anybody else done this ( convert a gasser into a nitro user ) AND , if so , what is the least , and most per centage nitro you used in your EX gasser ?
Engine temp with the 15 is really good ( water cooled ) , but not sure how much hotter she will get with higher content .
FTR - the engine has had the ports opened and smoothed , intake and exhaust opened , and big bore Walbro put on . Also running a QD wtc steel pipe which had to be modified since converting to nitro .
Any thoughts ideas on more or less nitro ?
And for those with inquiring minds , YES , converting it DID indeed increase R's and I believe HP , but not sure on the HP since I do not have a dyno and have not run her in the water yet . Just benched with an airplane prop . Also has MUCH quicker acceleration than before with gas .
I also did one more mod to the piston top , but , that is gonna stay quiet till I am sure that it remains good ...
So , anyone ?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Highest nitro content ?

In a large motor like that, it's best to keep the Nitro content low. Nitro is a slow burning fuel so it is more efficient in small motors. You could "tilt the can" a little more (Drag Racing term for adding more Nitro) but I'd think that anything over 30% would be a waste.
I can think of only one trick to do to a piston that would work for Nitro is an otherwise Gas motor but I'll keep quiet.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:01 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Highest nitro content ?

Thanks Ron ....