Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

what if a Miss LLumar run out of fuel in the middle of a pond?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

what if a Miss LLumar run out of fuel in the middle of a pond?

Old 03-07-2005, 01:27 AM
truckstalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what if a Miss LLumar run out of fuel in the middle of a pond?

hello

i am new to this hobby and im planing to buy a Pro Boat Introduces the 1/12 Miss LLumar. but i have no idea how to deal with this problem "what if a Miss LLumar run out of fuel in the middle of a pond" .

also..can i use 15% nitro car fuel ? or what kind of fuel should i use?

and which one is to go: Miss budweiser or Miss LLumar?

any other things i have to pay attention to?

thank you in advance and have a great day
Old 03-07-2005, 02:32 AM
wierd_dragon
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what if a Miss LLumar run out of fuel in the middle of a pond?

i use car nitro fuel (20%), and it's worked fine. for the problem of running out of fuel, normally you can time it, on the first run, time it and use that as an average so like 5 minutes of run time for that amount of fuel. otherwise, you can throw a fishing line with a tennis ball on the end and hope that it'll watch the antenna, the wing on your miss llumar or something and reel it back in, otherwise, get an electric boat and have it push it back in. also you can go out an buy an inflatable raft and row yourself out there, they're not too expensive. there are actually alot of forums where this question comes up, look at the previous ones to get more ideas.

also, the miss llumar and the miss budweiser are the same, just the paint scheme is different, so go with your preference, or just flip a coin since they both look great! and if you mean to go as in RTR, then the miss budweiser is "to go", i haven't read up on the pro boat's miss llumar so maybe that's RTR too
Old 03-07-2005, 12:31 PM
racetruck

Hey truckstalk ! I've got a nitro and gas boat.If you have the buget I would go with 1/8 Miss bud the zen motor runs better cheaper than nitro not so picky on the needle setings did I mention FFFaster! Any way most guys with nitro boats run 30% or up to 60% in the real hot boats
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62374.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	239571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31789.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	239572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77163.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	239573  
Old 03-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There are a few changes done on the Miss Llumar that aren't on the Miss Bud. One is the relocation of the RX switch and the big change is the drive which is now a flex cable setup instead of the solid shaft.
Do a "search" in here on the Miss Bud, there are a ton of postings on it.
There is another big article in here on boat retieval, go a page or two (or more) back, you'll find lots of answers to your questions.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
letitloose

I just ordered a new Miss Budweiser Hobby-sports, in portage, MI. And it has all the upgrades you are talking about on the Miss LLumar. I also think Pro boat has also done some reconstruction to the inside to keep it dry. My boat has each compartment sealed off, and looks like it will stay pretty dry. I don't know if this is something they have changed or what. You would think with earlier complaints about this, they would be sure to advertise these improvements a little better.
Does anyone else no about these factory changes. I know for sure MY Miss Bud does have the flexcable shaft and the newer RX switch. It also mentioned that right on the box.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Ron Olson

No not those guys!!!!!!!! I've known Rex and Lee Simpson since they were kids starting their Hobby Shop of the the basement of their parents house! I've dumped a lot of coin in their store over the years.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:24 AM
letitloose

Yes, They are good people Ron, there in portage, MI. Unlike alot of places they seem to be very knowledgeable about r/c's (EVEN BOATS haha) Really seem to be good people! Plus i like doing my business locally if i can.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Ron Olson

They are boaters too. All of the boys, Rex, Lee and Jon all live at Long Lake, the same lake that my mother lives at. They run what they sell, Jon has the ProBoat 1/8 scale Miss Bud and Lee is playing with the Shockwave 36 right now. I think that Rex is still messing with a Traxxas Nitro-Vee. Their dad Dennis is trying to fly helicopters so pretty much the whole family is involved in R/C except their mother.
They're not as knowledgable as they could be, I get questions from them once in a while. I want to take my boats over to their houses sometime and show them how real R/C boats run!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:29 AM
letitloose

Hey Ron i gotta quick question for you. In our area, (Southwestern Lower Michigan) are there any other hobby shops around. I am very happy from everthing i have bought from Rex and Lee at the hobby shop. But i was just wondering if there were any other places around that also carry r/c stuff. I am fairly new to this and like to look at these shops I think it's kind of fun to visit them. There use to be a nice one in South Bend, indiana. But i am not sure if they closed or moved possibly to mishawaka, IN. I live in Sawyer, By Warren Dunes State Park, so it takes me about an hour to get to k-zoo. from here. Not to change the subject but when i was in college i commuted from here to western (WMU). God, from coloma to osthemo there is nothing. That drive sucked[:'(] And i did it for 2 years!!! Anyways, Glad to know a fellow boater close by. I have been reading the boards and want to THANK YOU for all of your information you have given, it really does help us newbie's out. Thanks Again.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Ron Olson

My wife used to go to Warren Dunes State Park before I met her so she knows your area. I worked at WMU for a while when I was involved in a Union Lock-out at my regular job.
We have 3 shops in Kalamazoo now, rider's on Westnedge, R&L (hobby-sports.com) and Extreme Hobbies in Parchment. The Hobby Shop in Hartford I think is either closed up or not selling R/C any more. Other than these, I really don't know of any in your area.
BTW, we're going to have a Fun Run here again this year at Spring Valley Park, the date hasn't been decided on yet but it looks like maybe Memorial Day weekend or close to it.
I'm trying to get an events forum in here for the boaters now for anyone that is holding such a thing or any kind of boating event.