Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New to Boating,Nitro,tuning, etc....

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New to Boating,Nitro,tuning, etc....

Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 AM
dbm0011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Boating,Nitro,tuning, etc....

Hello to all.
I am new to the forums as well as R/C Boating,Nitro Engines, tuning, etc.. I have just purchased 2 of the Miss Bud 1/12 hyrdo's(one for me and one for a friend). I have ordered autobailers, wateroutlets, and CA glue. I broke in the engines as the book says. One of them is fast as can be and screams with a loud high pitch whine. Boat #2,,well i guess i need to learn about tuning. Boat#2 engine sounds as if it is running really smooth, only about half as fast as boat#1, not a high pitch whine. Is the setting to lean? and should i raise the engine idle? Please excuse the questions if they are jumping around a bit, and not necessarilly related to each other, as I am new to this. I need to lube the shaft and cannot get directly at the hex screw on the collet. Any ideas without taking away from the hull?
Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way, I am located in Staunton, Va. Know anyone close by that runs boats? send me an email.... [email protected]