Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Shockwave 36, will not run!!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Shockwave 36, will not run!!

Old 03-09-2005, 09:34 PM
86RedRocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwave 36, will not run!!

I get ready to take it out on it's first run. I first put a fuel filter on it before I take it out. I'm using the dynamite fuel. I pull and pull on it. Finally it hits and quits. It runs then I barely give it gas and would keep quitting. Finally, it was running and I noticed what looked like raw fuel coming out of the exhaust. It appeared to be quite excessive amounts too. I put it in the water and it quit again. Once again, I pull and pull. Finally starts again and it took off bogging then all of a sudden cleared up and took off. I turned real sharp and it quit again. The glow plug igniter is on it the whole time. I noticed some fuel at the bottom of the hull and some residue on top of the tank. I make some seals from cardboard to try and help seal it better. Once again, I couldn't get it to start. I did appear to be getting fuel in the line. I was told that adjustments need to be made when a fuel filter is put on. I noticed my t-maxx started having trouble runnning and would quit running when it warmed up after I put the filter on it and required some more tuning. Any suggestions?! I know it's nothing big, but I have a lot of money sitting right here doing me no good. Thanks
Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 AM
playtime

Default RE: Shockwave 36, will not run!!

take off filter i tried that and had the same thing happend to me took it off runs fine now.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Shockwave 36, will not run!!

sounds like it is running WAY too rich. you stated that the thing is spitting fuel all over the place, boggin/quitting when you hit the throttle. all good signs that you are giving the motor way to much fuel. I know yer trying to break it in, but the setting that your needle is at is over-kill. give it about 1/4 - 1/2 a turn in and try it again