Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

what sort of boat for racing?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

what sort of boat for racing?

Old 03-12-2005, 04:28 AM
tomass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what sort of boat for racing?

hey, im not a newby to nitro boats but I was wondering what is the best sort of boat to get for a begginer race boat,
Old 03-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: what sort of boat for racing?

You should get lots of replies on this one. For me, start with a boat that YOU like as you will be the one that owns it. I would start with one in the 3.5cc class, either an inboard or an outboard tunnel boat. I don't know how the classes are in Oz but I do know that they have these classes and both are very popular "down under". I know a few Aussies, one personally, so if you need any connections, let me know.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion, a monoplane hull with a 3.5cc inboard engine. Why? Relatively simple to set up, easy driving, reasonable speed for a beginner and relatively stable on the water in most water conditions. An outboard on a mono hull may also suit your needs. You gain some on the simplicity of engine installation. If you like to row and always have ideal water conditions, a hydroplane type hull will work. Still with a 3.5cc engine.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:59 PM
CFRACR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomass you need to supply a little more info on yourself. Most important, what experience you have with nitro boats & what type.

When it comes to racing, you need to have specific hulls & engines to be competitive. So it depends on what type of boat you like. So let us know what type of boat you want to race & we can get you the info on the "hulls to have"