Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Adding foam to Miss Budweiser 1/12

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Adding foam to Miss Budweiser 1/12

Old 03-14-2005, 03:19 PM
letitloose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding foam to Miss Budweiser 1/12

I have just purchased this boat. (Brand New). And i have seen upgrades on how to put foam flotation in the sponsons. And My new boat is completely sealed off section by section. I don't know if they have upgraded this boat or what. But mine looks pretty water tight. The only problem I could see where it might have a problem and most people do is the 3 air intake holes on the hood or hatch. But I read to put foam, (like that from an 2-cycle engine aircleaner up there and that would keep the water out. Where my batteries and servo are are completely sealed once the cover goes on and you tape it up with hobby tape. Also mine has the new upgraded on /off switch to keep that area dry. Can anyone tell me if the sponsons are sealed off how do you get the foam in there with out cutting into the fiberglass hull? Or has this problemm been addressed by Pro Boat?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Hairtrigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding foam to Miss Budweiser 1/12

don't know about the new boats but my boat is about a year old and it floats just fine upside down if the radio box is sealed good. I put a screw down cover on it.