Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Tuning the Shockwave 36

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tuning the Shockwave 36

Old 03-27-2005, 11:43 PM
BoatsRule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning the Shockwave 36

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on tuning my new Shockwave 36. I just finished breaking it in per the instructions, and am trying to lean it out some for good top end speed. However, when I got out and give it some throttle, it doesn't seem to respond real well. There's not much of a difference between 1/2 and full throttle. Once in a while in a straight away, it will fly, then slow down and the pitch of the engine will change. Every time I pull it out of the water, the head of the engine is warm, not hot, so I don't think I'm running it lean but I have tried a bunch of different settings. I think I'm at about 2 turns out right now. Any suggestions on where to start?
Thanks!!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Tuning the Shockwave 36

lean it out a bit...also, you need to pull out your fuel tank and pressure test it. My and my buddy's boats fuel tanks did not seal at the cap at all causing them to run horribly. That would be the first place to look. then you can lean out the needle a bit.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 PM
BoatsRule

I'll check the tank...thanks.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:28 PM
pmuff

if you are using blue thunder m8 the plastic leak stopper in the bottle works great for stopping air coming out of your fuel tank just pop it in the tank neck then your cap , mine is air tight doing this. hope it is of some help.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:31 AM
soren wichmand

Check the line from the manifold to the tank and the line conecting the manifold to the exhaust You have to take it apart in order to se if there is a hole in it (or maybe there is oil/fuel leaking from this point which is a sign!

Best reg. soren
Old 06-20-2005, 11:08 AM
t3racer

Pmuff that sounds like a good idea, my buddies shockwave has a problem sealing, I have some blue thunder, and maybe I will have to loan him my leak stopper plug thing.