Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

GETTING YOUR K&B 3.5 SUBMERSED

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

GETTING YOUR K&B 3.5 SUBMERSED

Old 04-04-2005, 08:21 PM
ffighter71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GETTING YOUR K&B 3.5 SUBMERSED

IF YOU WRECK AND SINK YOUR BOAT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO IF THE K&B 3.5 ENGINE IS FULLY SUBMERSED UNDER WATER. DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL APART AND OIL IT WITH AFTER RUN OIL AND PUT BACK TOGETHER, NEW TO GAS RC BOATS AND HAVE TUNNEL BOAT WITH 3.5 KAND B. THANKS
Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
drivercrazy23

Default RE: GETTING YOUR K&B 3.5 SUBMERSED

how long ago did this happen? I would say Yes, take it all apart re oil it, clean any rust off if there is any on the piston and sleeve, if not just oil it and i think you should be good to go again. how did this happen? boat flip over? Hope you get it running again.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Any time I dunked my engine I just removed the glow plug, spin out the water, spray WD-40 in the glow plug hole and spin the engine while spraying WD-40 in the carb. Once done, add some after run oil.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Piper Chuck has it right. In addition I always restart the engine and put the boat back out on the water. I have never been very successful in getting all of the water out of the engine without running it to get it up to temperature and "burn" the water out. I've found that water likes to hide in the bearings. That results in rust. Using fuel with some castor oil in it is a step in the right direction also. I have a friend in San Diego that runs his engines with FAI fuel (Methanol and lube - no nitro) after a day of racing. This purges the nitro from the engine since the nitro is claimed to attack the bearings. We're talking running 60% nitro in our racing engines.