Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

prop selection, shock wave upgrades?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

prop selection, shock wave upgrades?

Old 04-08-2005, 11:32 PM
corradopsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop selection, shock wave upgrades?

hey guys im pretty new to boat but have been in rc's, mostly nitro, for years. i just picked up a shockwave 36. i want to know how to choose a good prop for this boat or how to properly sharpen, polish, and balance the one i have on it. i work in a machine shop so tools to do things properly are pretty easy to come by or make. i already have the flex shaft spaced out from the strut and a spare in hand just in case. the turn fins are swapped from side to side and bent a little to create more of a 90* angle to the bottom surfaces of the hull. and ill upgrade the linkage as soon as i can get to the hobby shop tomorrow. no place in around here stocks any kind of marine stuff, but i figure airplane control rods of the proper size will work just fine. chances are pretty good ill knife edge and polish all of the fins, the rudder, and possibly the strut.

any other suggestions for more reliability, speed, and handling are welcome