Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Parts needed for a CMB .65

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Parts needed for a CMB .65

Old 04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
ridergary
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts needed for a CMB .65

I recently aquired a hydro that came with a CMB .65 and it needs the needle bearings for the crank end of the rod. Thought someone might know the dimensions of the needles so I can just order them from my local bearing supplier....Thanks....Gary
Old 04-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Parts needed for a CMB .65

How about the alternative? Have you considered just replacing the rod? If the bearing is bad, is the any damage to the crank pin? Usually if the rollers are bad, the surface they run on gets a beating too. Ignoring all of that, you should be able to press the bearing out and measure the OD, ID and the length. Then take it to the bearing shop and have them do the same. There may be many different variations like caged and uncaged, metal cage vs. phoenolic etc.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:22 AM
ridergary

Actually there is no "bearing" as the needle bearings run directly on the crank and inside of the con rod. The engine is an old version and I didn't want to spend a lot on it. Also when I aquired it, the engine was in pieces and the needle bearings were missing.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

????????????????? There is no housing that the needles are contained in? What keeps the needles from coming out? Is there a shoulder on the rod that captures the needles? Sounds to me like you should search the web for a CMB dealer and see what they can do for you.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
DMACK
My Feedback: (9)

You are correct the needle bearings float in between the crank face and the intake face. That the only thing keeping them in place.

Also when you say old, how old. I believe all the 60 class CMBs are actualy .67s, not .65. Do you have the red head CMB with the slide valve carb that has an adjustable 3rd channel high end needle right on the carb?. If so those were great motors. I won two National Championships with them.

I think the needles are the same as the gold head EVOs. Though I'm not sure about the Green head motors(their newest version). Tidewater engineering used to carry a good supply of parts for CMB engines. They don't have a web site, but I have their number somewhere. You might also do a search for them here and possibly on RCGroups.com.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:32 PM
DMACK
My Feedback: (9)

Tidewater Engineering is in Louisiana at 2406 W. Madison, PO Box 1135, Bastrop, LA 71221. Phone 318-281-2476.

I have two or three of the red head .67s laying around, I might have the needles I'll have to look. I do have a bunch of other parts though if your in need.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:05 AM
ridergary

I appreciate your help. If you can find one of the needle bearings and measure it for me, it would be much appreciated, that way I can just go to my local bearing supplier and get the needle bearings I need and probably at a lot better price....Thanks again...Gary
Old 05-24-2005, 07:20 AM
speed401

Hi, I have a similar problem - acquired a CMB 65 but looking for a piston and liner can you help - bore is .983" or 24.98/25.00mm
ORIGINAL: DMACK

Tidewater Engineering is in Louisiana at 2406 W. Madison, PO Box 1135, Bastrop, LA 71221. Phone 318-281-2476.

I have two or three of the red head .67s laying around, I might have the needles I'll have to look. I do have a bunch of other parts though if your in need.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:05 AM
ridergary

Hey Speed401, if you have your engine apart, maybe you could measure the dia and length of the needle bearings on the big end of the rod, for me?.....Thanks....Gary
Old 07-04-2005, 09:16 AM
ridergary

Still Looking....
Old 07-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Check with the gang at www.cmdracing.com . Andy Brown carries parts for CMB's, his MAC engines and the Kalistratov's, all which use needle bearing cranks.
John, there isn't much that holds the needle bearings on place. I have a K-45 sitting in a box that has tossed the bearings twice. It's not a pretty sight when that happens as both times they took the piston and sleeve with them.