Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Is the Miss Llumar a good first boat?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Is the Miss Llumar a good first boat?

Old 04-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Miss Llumar a good first boat?

I was wondering if the pro boat miss llumar would be a bood fist boat. I have a radioshack boat but it's crap and I have experience with nitro engines and RC, so the only new thing about this would the the hull and Prop, instead of a chassis and driveshafts.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:10 PM
eas___1990

Default RE: Is the Miss Llumar a good first boat?

if its a first boat i would go with a deep "v" they are pretty easy and ussaually forgiveing to learn on depending where you are running.I have a nitro hammer but there is the grey thunder made by cen raceing and i think a few other.The one thing you need to make shure of when getting a nitro boat is the hull is fiberglass not abs,nitro will eat through it[:'(]
Old 05-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I totally agree with EAS, go deep vee. I've lost track of all the people asking about how to make the Bud and Llumar turn left, as well as to the right. For a beginner in boating, speed and looks shouldn't be the first things to think about. Being able to control a boat is much easier when the boat is actually running on and not flying over the water. I know hydros look cool, and being ready to go is a great hook for a new "wanna be" boater, but it isn't a good choise. Hydros are hard to set up, hard to control and Pro Boat hydros, especially in the Bud's case, need modding and upgrading before they are even put on the water.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:40 AM
CFRACR

Proboat Miss Lumar & Bud a good beginner boat....[sm=lol.gif] I don't think so!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

thanks everyone, I think I might go with the cen boat because I know that their products are good.

ORIGINAL: CFRACR

Proboat Miss Lumar & Bud a good beginner boat....[sm=lol.gif] I don't think so!
As I said before I have quite a bit of experience with nitro engines and rc, but as I understand, hydroplanes are not very forgiving.

ORIGINAL: eas___1990

if its a first boat i would go with a deep "v" they are pretty easy and ussaually forgiveing to learn on depending where you are running.
I can run it on the lake at my cottage, it's very calm, but I am on the widest part of the lake so I don't have to worry about running room.

I was also wondering if you use pistol style radios or the 2 stick kind in rc boats because I think that I am going to get a synthesized radio for my cars, and I could just get an extra receiver if I want to use it in the boat.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

Thanks everyone, I've decided that I am going to get the CEN aquajet ( http://www.ehobbies.com/rc-cen-2054.html ). unfortunately my funds are low now but when schools over im gettin a job.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Your car radio will work just fine with a boat. I would recommend getting a heavier servo for the rudder
Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Aqua Jet is a good choice. They all have their little bugs but at least this one you can do some tuning to later on to get more performance out of at a low cost. I've messed with some AJ's and had one of its sister boats, a Grey Thunder that I got rid of recently.