Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tiger Drive

Old 05-10-2005, 05:38 AM
dbm0011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger Drive

Hello All,
I have installed the Tiger Drive on my Dynamite .15 in one of my Miss Bud 1/12 testing hulls.(they both have been crashed a couple of times, repaired,holes cut and filled with resin,remote safety ignitor, auto fueling valve). tiger Drive works well.
Once you have the receiver on and the cowling installed, with a remote ignitor and auto fueling valve, there is no need to remove the cowling as long as the engine is running well. I drilled a hole large enough to get a 7/32 hex driver down to the TD. I use my 18v cordless drill to start it. Be careful not to keep spinning the engine if it gets Vapor lock. Usually does not happen.
It is the coolest thing to just torque it once with the drill and it fires up. The first time I started it with the cowling on and cowling nuts in place, I found myself looking around to see what else I need to do before launch.......Nothing...Launch.
If you like newat stuff on your toys, check it out. Made by http://www.sullivanproducts.com
Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM
raptorman60

Default RE: Tiger Drive

Hey, I just installed a tiger drive on my miss bud and it's very kool!!!! I hate pull starters!!!!![>:] Since you drilled a hole in the cowl do you pick up more water? I'd like to know before I drill mine.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:19 AM
dbm0011

No water intake through the new hole. I put a small piece of "sticky Backed" rubber over the hole and cut a small X in it to put the driver trough.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
raptorman60

Koool!!!!!!!!