Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Loveing the beer boat

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Loveing the beer boat

Old 05-17-2005, 06:46 PM
NITRO 888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loveing the beer boat

I went out to run my Miss Bud 1/12 again today and all I can say is with a bit of work and a new prop you have a nice fun and fast little nitro boat . This is my firt try at nitro boats or with a hydro type hull . After breaking about 7 or so plastic Outura Y534's I ordered up two Octura Y535's . On one of them I star cut it to sharp points and cut back a bit of the tounge also . This cut seems to be right on for this boat . If any of you run one of these boats you may want to give it a try

I only stopped cuz I ran out of fuel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60498.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	272878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54010.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	272879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62267.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	272880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw62754.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	272881  
Old 05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
everysilver
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Loveing the beer boat

Mine will not get on-plane without help. But the big problem is (please tell me yours did this before changing props) when it is on-plane and picking up speed, all of a sudden the RPM's spike the nose lowers and the boat tries to just plow, like it is just treading water. I come back on the throttle and the boat planes again, but too much gas and it does it again. It is not the drive line because I took the whole thing apart to make sure nothing was stripped. Did yours do this? It will also no stay on-plane in semi-tight turns. I hope it just needs the Y535 from offshoreelectrics. Thanks to anyone who can explain this.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:24 PM
NITRO 888

Yup yup uh- huh . that sounds about right I know what your saying . I have noticed that too. You have to really give it a good push off or it won't get on plane . I think the boat revs to much then the prop loses it's grip and just beats the water to a froth . If you can keep it moveing and not over rev it but work it up a little at a time I can usually git it to plane out and go . Try to start out at about 3/4 throttle and give her a firm flat push off and see if that don't get her going. Be real sure that those nasty little set screw plugs are good and tight and on the flat prart on the drive shaft . If they are not tightened on the flat part on the shaft the shaft will just spin inside the drive dog .
Old 05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
everysilver
My Feedback: (11)

Yeah I have checked that because you are right with the load of the water on the prop it seems they will just strip loose allowing the engine to spike. I am glad to hear mine is not the only one that is going and just decides to flatten out and tread water. Did the new prop help? I'm gonna go with the Y535 beryllium from offshoreelectrics, what do you think? Thanks again
Old 05-20-2005, 06:50 AM
eas___1990

i dont have a bud but i have a modified nitro hammer and since i put the new engine in it it doesn it to.nice boat though
Old 05-20-2005, 02:12 PM
NITRO 888

ORIGINAL: everysilver

Yeah I have checked that because you are right with the load of the water on the prop it seems they will just strip loose allowing the engine to spike. I am glad to hear mine is not the only one that is going and just decides to flatten out and tread water. Did the new prop help? I'm gonna go with the Y535 beryllium from offshoreelectrics, what do you think? Thanks again

Sounds good to me . The new prop won't fix everything but it will make a big difference. Good luck and happy boating
Old 05-30-2005, 09:45 PM
superbird
My Feedback: (2)

The early verson of this boat (not sure about the new one) has this problem. The prop is cavitating (sucking air into it)
I found a way to prevent this by putting a anti cavitation plate on the transom just behind the prop. it is very simular to a trim tab but you only put the one on it and you have to bend it up slightly so it does not affect the trim of the boat. By doing this the boat now gets on plane from a dead stop to full throttle with no problems and no apparent loss of speed. If anyone wants to see pics I will post them just let me know.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 PM
NITRO 888

ORIGINAL: superbird

The early verson of this boat (not sure about the new one) has this problem. The prop is cavitating (sucking air into it)
I found a way to prevent this by putting a anti cavitation plate on the transom just behind the prop. it is very simular to a trim tab but you only put the one on it and you have to bend it up slightly so it does not affect the trim of the boat. By doing this the boat now gets on plane from a dead stop to full throttle with no problems and no apparent loss of speed. If anyone wants to see pics I will post them just let me know.

Ya Dude I sure would like to see a pic or two of that !!! That sounds GREAT !!! I have made a ton of stuff for my trucks from aluminum so it would be a peace of cake to make one if I had an idea what it looks like . thanks a bunch
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
eas___1990

is there a shovel nose ersion of the miss bud and does anyone have one??
Old 05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
superbird
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Tweek

ORIGINAL: superbird

Ya Dude I sure would like to see a pic or two of that !!! That sounds GREAT !!! I have made a ton of stuff for my trucks from aluminum so it would be a peace of cake to make one if I had an idea what it looks like . thanks a bunch
Here are some pics to see how I made the cavitation plate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37347.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	278744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62879.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	278745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81676.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB