Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

help

Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

ok i just bought a boat off of ebay... everything is workin except the radio im not sure where to plug the on/ off switch into the receiver do i just plug it into one of the channels or where else? im not sure .... alex
Old 05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
ejp67

Default RE: help

It should say batt.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If it's a 2-channel reciever there is only one place to plug it in. If it's a 3-channel RX like what most of the FM RX's are nowadays you can either plug it into the regular receptacle which will be at one end but a tip if it is a 3-channel RX with BEC. Plug the battery pack into the open servo plug and you can pump more than the 5 or 6 volts that the BEC will limit it to.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:33 PM
alex_hockey

ok i got a nitro viper and it has a futuaba attack sr radio im not sure if its fm or am but..the radio sasys 75.850 mhz um and the fcc id is azpfp-t2v 72-75 now the servos are2 airtronic 94102 and on the receiver it says 92777/72 fm then on the back it says rc fm receiiver no. 92777 no. 92875 and thats by aiirtronics for sum reason i dont think i have the right receiver.. o ya on the front of the receiver it says 52 on a little plate which can be pulled out and it looks like a fuse or sumtin thats gootttaaa do wit the current so i got a futuba radio and airtronics servos and receiver ya i think the guy sent me the wrong etup for radio or am i jut doin sumtin wrong?

Old 05-19-2005, 02:37 PM
alex_hockey

also the reciever channels say 123456 and then 7/b hope this helps the battery thing goes in the b space right
Old 05-19-2005, 06:48 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Alex, I'm not an Airtronics expert, but from your description it sounds like you have a 7 channel airplane receiver that was shipped with a channel 52 crystal. Does the little fuse like thing (probably the crystal) with the number 52 on it happen to have 72.830 somewhere on it? If not, what number does it have?

You should look for a similar thing on the transmitter and look for a number on it too. The crystal number on the transmitter and receiver need to match. However, the crystal also needs to be in the proper range for the equipment it is installed in. It appears your receiver is for the 72 Mhz FM range. Your transmitter is for the 75 Mhz range. The 75.850 number corresponds to surface frequency 83. Since crystal swapping is common among some groups you need to find the transmitter crystal and see what number it has.

To answer your original question, the battery can go in the 7/b slot, but unfortunately, that's not going to do much good.

I suggest contracting the seller and asking for the correct receiver.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Ron Olson

It sounds like you've got a mixed package there! If it doesn't work, I can see why! A Futaba transmitter, much less an AM one, shouldn't work with an Airtronics 7-channel FM aircraft reciever. One is a positive shift system, the other is a negative shift system. Somebody unloaded the completely wrong radio setup for the boat.
You can spend another $50-75.00 and get a complete radio system that will work in the boat.
That little fuse looking thing is the reciever crystal. There is another one on the transmitter too, it may be under a tiny cover.
I hope that you didn't leave that person positive feedback!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 AM
alex_hockey

if i was goin gto sell this how much do u think it would be worth to sell the 2 94102 servos with the battery pak and receiver and then sell the attak sr futuba radio whih looks to be in almost new condition how much do u think i could get for them seperate because i wouldnt do wut this guy did to me but i think i still got a pretty good deal i got a nitro viper with everything in it even with the radio that doesnt work and an almost new .16 watercooled for 66 bux us my and my dad think that the guy crashed the boat left fuel in the tank and then when he tried to start it again he couldnt because the fuel had gummed up the carburator... but its running almost like new with no sratches in the piston or around the houseing it looks to be in pretty good shape but the boat hull had somecracks so we fibeglassed them up it looks not to bad im guna paint it up this weekendd and ill probably sell my radios and eletronics and buy a whole new system off of ebay .. i dont think it was that bad of a deal for $66 also could i just buy a receiver that agrees with the radio and use the same servos that came wit it or do i have to use futubas brand

alex
Old 05-20-2005, 07:58 AM
alex_hockey

here is the link for the reciever WOW i didnt think it would be worth that much at it is in almost new condition http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXLX62**&P=7
Old 05-20-2005, 08:01 AM
alex_hockey

and these are my servos 2 of em i have

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX0929&P=7
Old 05-20-2005, 08:05 AM
alex_hockey

and this is my radio http://www.futaba-rc.com/discontinued/futk07.html
Old 05-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Ron Olson

The problem with a lot of the radio manufacturers is that the reciever alone costs almost as much as buying a complete Attack radio system! Shocking but true. I looked into this myself when I was thinking of adding a matching reciever with servos, crystal and battery switch for my multi-memory transmitter.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
alex_hockey

does anybody have any ieda how much i could sell all of this stuff for?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: alex_hockey

does anybody have any ieda how much i could sell all of this stuff for?
I suggest creating auctions for them, set the starting price at $.99, offer a fixed shipping price that lets you make a couple $, and take whatever you get. After all, you didn't pay much for them, so anything is better than nothing. Keep in mind that since you don't have a matching transmitter, you can't test anything. This means the buyer is taking a big risk. It may work, but it may not. The servos, switch, and battery should be fine with a Futaba receiver.

You could check with Tower to see if something like this receiver:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJB51**&P=0
is compatable with your transmitter. I've seen posts here that many of the Tower radio components are actually made by Futaba. The price $24 for receiver plus crystal isn't bad.

However, having said this, you still may be better off auctioning off everything and starting with a completely new radio. This way you will be sure that it's all working properly. In case you can't tell, I'm not big on second hand radio equipment unless I know the person I'm buying from.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:12 AM
alex_hockey

ya i think im just guna buy a whole new system
[&o]
Old 05-26-2005, 06:47 PM
alex_hockey

anybody have an estimate what i can get approx for that reeiver?