Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

All glass or Glass/carbon mix???

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

All glass or Glass/carbon mix???

Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 PM
ejp67
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All glass or Glass/carbon mix???

I am looking at the Titan .21 mono from aeromarine. It is $169.00 from aeromarine and $139.00 from finedesign. The only problem with FD is that it doesn't come with stringers. Can I order them from Aeromarine or would I be better off just getting the one from aeromarine???

I can also either get it in solid glass or a glass/carbon mix. Which would be faster?? Lighter???

Would the hull be as fast as my Nitro hammer with the .21??? The titan is 5" longer.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: All glass or Glass/carbon mix???

I had a Titan 21 that my son raced for 2 years. You're better off getting the one from Aeromarine with the stringers already installed. Stringers are a real hassle to install properly. I know, I've tried with another hull. I had a Nova Rossi in ours and it scooted! It should be a lot faster than your NH with the right setup. It will be more stable in rough water.
It's pretty solid with just the 'glas lay-up, and it's a light hull. you'd almost think that it's plastic.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
ejp67

Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. Aeromarine said they would do a glass/carbon lay-up for me w/stringers
Old 06-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I got one of the early Titan 21's, they didn't even have the right plans to go with it, the Challenger 21 plans are what I got. they are 2 different animals as far as setup went. They didn't have the drop-down motor mount available at that time either. If I'd used the mount that came with it the motor would have been sticking half out of the hull! A lot of the work was guesswork at that time. It took a while ot get it to handle right as it wanted to chine-walk badly at speed. I finally just it adjusted right just before I sold it to get the then new Speedmaster 21. As far as I know, the boat is still being raced.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:31 AM
ejp67

Well, I'm just looking for a replacement boat because I think that another few runs is going to tear my NH to shreads. Cracks are cracking more and stuff like that[&o] I want a small boat that has GOOD speed with my OS .21 in it.