Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

dynamite .15S

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

dynamite .15S

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:05 AM
gadke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynamite .15S

I just picked up dynamite .15S, but when the boat is put into the water, and i hit the throttle, it stalls out on me, this doesn't happen on shore, even when i push the boat to give it momentum. This engine idles great, and like i say, runs great prior to putting it into the water, is it the high speed or the low speed that needs adjusting?
Thanks in advance for your help
Old 06-28-2005, 06:02 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: dynamite .15S

Richen up the high-speed needle. They'll run great onshore but once the prop hits the water, it places a load on the prop leaning the engine out. Try to get it so that it has a slight lag when you rev it.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dynamite .15S

Minor correction Ron. The engine is lean from the start. On the beach there is no load on the prop/engine so it runs fine. When the prop/engine encounters the load from the prop trying to push the water, there isn't enough fuel to produce the required power and the engine either stalls or refuses to accelerate. The remedy is correct. Richen the fuel mixture by opening the needle valve in 1/4 turn increments till the engine responds to opening the throttle. Then you can fine tune in smaller needle valve adjustment increments till the engine responds well to all throttle changes.