Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Fuel Tank Pick-up

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Fuel Tank Pick-up

Old 07-02-2005, 12:35 PM
ralph289

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank Pick-up

Running a Sullivan 12oz tank, the kind with the flexible pickup in the bottom with what they call a "Klunk!" (weight) on the end. Seems strange that the pick- up would be facing the front of the boat. When the boat accelerates fuel would rush AWAY from the pick up mainly when you would be getting low on fuel. How are you guys setting up you fuel tanks ? As you can tell I am new at this.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:48 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fuel Tank Pick-up

Toss out the rubber fuel line and that clunk, don't need them. Get a set of brass tubing benders, either the Dubro tubing bender or K&S spring type. These benders are very much needed so no kinks are on the brass fuel lines. The pick up line should be bent so it goes to the bottom left side, if you turn right majority of times. The pressure line should be bent up into the bubble of the tank or to the furtherst point to where air will go. Can't do pics right now, at work. Hope this helps out..
Old 07-02-2005, 06:20 PM
ralph289

Default RE: Fuel Tank Pick-up

That helps alot I get the idea.
THANKS