Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

CAN'T FIND WHERE IT SAID TO SEAL MANIFOLD / HEADER!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

CAN'T FIND WHERE IT SAID TO SEAL MANIFOLD / HEADER!

Old 07-04-2005, 09:12 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN'T FIND WHERE IT SAID TO SEAL MANIFOLD / HEADER!

I read it, and now i cannot find it. My exhaust header on the old shockwave 36 is leaking fuel (and exhaust i am sure :-). What do you guys use to seal it off with? When it leaks, does it kill performance (boat seemed a LITTLE slower today) Thanks!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: CAN'T FIND WHERE IT SAID TO SEAL MANIFOLD / HEADER!

Is the gasket blown out or missing? Are the screws tight?
There has been a problem with the coupler between the header and pipe blowing.
It could very well be the weather today that's messing with your boat, the heat and humidity kill performance.
BTW, hang on, you've got a nasty little thunderstorm heading your way, we got 1/2" of rain in 15 minutes around 6:00, it cooled it down here 17 degrees.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:41 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the reply ron! and yeah it started raining at the camp here, so i left. :-( It leeks where the header is bolted onto the engine. It looks like there is some white sealant on there. All the bolts are tight. It seems to me, that when the header is bolted on to the motor with the 2 screws, there is some "white sealant" in between the header and the motor. THAT leaks on the bottom, i can see fuel coming out as i run a bit rich under no load. Any advice????
Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
kaptiankent

DodamissC,

I had the same problem as you did. Where the header bolts onto the engine it leaked oil out of the bottom. When i took it apart I found out that the gasket was cut so thin it was warped and pushed out of the joint. When they put it together they only put some white silacone around the screws, not the whole thing. So what I did was take the old gasket off and use some copper permatex to seal the whole thing. And now I don't have any problems.

Ryan...