Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Sealing flex tubing fom leaking water

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Sealing flex tubing fom leaking water

Old 07-04-2005, 09:52 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sealing flex tubing fom leaking water

My shockwave leaks lost of water through the flex tubing, is there anything to replace in there? Any way to seal it? Whats the deal man! 2-3 drips per second come in from the plastic tube in the hull by the motor every second. It almost pours in! I have an auto bailer, it helps, but man....This thing is like a siv. Any help and i will owe you for life! ;-)
Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM
soren wichmand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sealing flex tubing fom leaking water

That sounds like a submarine 2000 feet under!
I had the same problem and solved it using a little silicone (window seeling) where the flexcable meets the transom and in the little hole on the strut. plenty of fat grease wil take the rest for a week or two and when it starts to leak a bit again it is time for greasing the flexcable yet again. use as little silicone as possible and wait untill it is completely dry before you reinstall the flexcable.
I took of the strut and added a little silicone where the bearing meets the transom then I reinstalled the strut and seeled the area with a little silicone and added a little silicone to the hole in the strut and greased the flexcable and put it back in. This would do the job. Do not get silicone on your fingers or on the boat since it is wery hard remove afterwards!!!

Best reg.
Soren