Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Racing in the uk

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Racing in the uk

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
MiniMental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing in the uk

Hi, (ive got to stop making threads i know...)
Does anyone know of any rc boat racing clubs or anything to do with racing in the UK?? Even better in the North West of england.. theres lakes and ponds everywhere, and even a lot of sea, but i cant seem to find any clubs or anything...[]

Does it cost a substantial amount of money and a lot or work to start a small RC boat club?[:-]

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Aidan
Old 10-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Racing in the uk

Try this site to help you get things going: http://www.mpba.org.uk/
Old 10-22-2005, 03:03 PM
MiniMental

it has come to my attention that i havent been able to find on IMPBA and MPBA or any other sites like that, nitro PB racing, only fast electric and stuff, why is this?

Ron, how fast does your .45 40" microburst go tops with no wind on water like glass?

Wait, found it, when i am to race i would be in B Class i think.

‘ B ' Class or FSRV-7.5 is for glow motors of up to 7.5cc.

There isnt a club in my local area that does nitro boats i dont think, there is a club i can join for insurance n stuff, but they dont race nd they are mainly scale, fast elec nd model.

can u join MPBA or something so you can race in organised events or do you jut go along with insurance and correct equip and race?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know what the rules or classes are in the MPBA. From what I've seen in MMI, there seems to be a lot of scale and sail in Great Britain although I knew that there is some nitro and gas racing.
What the speed is on my 'burst is, I don't have a clue. I never ran it much but it appeared to be able to be competitive. It did seem to run and handle well in both smooth and rough water. I watched others run first before I decided to buy mine.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 AM
CMB RS35

The classes in the UK are sanctioned by Naviga and they are:

FSR-H (Hydroplanes) Surface drive, 2 or more planing surfaces, racing clockwise oval, 3.5, 7.5, 15

FSR-V (or Multi Boats, Shallow V) Sub-surface drive Endurance type, racing anticlockwise around an M type course. Heats are usually 20mins/ races between 20 -30 mins. 3.5, 7.5, 15, up to 35cc SI

FSR-O (Offshore) Surface drive, racing clockwise oval, 3.5, 7.5, 15, up to 35cc SI

On a side note in classes V & to some extent in H the only competitive 3.5cc & 7.5cc powered boats run on gearboxes, this tends to apply to most European countries as well.

Before I forget there is an 80db limit on noise over here and in Europe, this is quite strictly enforced at some places, so get yourself a decent muffled pipe!