Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 did i get a good deal? >

did i get a good deal?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

did i get a good deal?

Old 11-05-2005, 02:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default did i get a good deal?

i bought this boat on ebay, he just shipped it out
im very experanced in RC, pretty much except boats and helis, ive touched a little into boats though. but this is my first nitro/outboard/tunnel hull,
givin it comes with new electronics, makes up for the price but im happy to get that outboard.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
im not sure how old the setup is but im allmost sure its atleast 3 years old. i do know from research its the lowend K&B engine.
the guy himself bought it off someone else on ebay not long ago.
i cant wait to get it and run it.
any recamendations on what i should do before running it? im experanced with nitro, just not with outboard motors attached to them.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: did i get a good deal?

ORIGINAL: Lorduss
any recamendations on what i should do before running it?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but my recommendation is to sell it. It's a Top Speed and not the TS2 version. The original TS is a POS. [] Also, that motor looks like a short skeg 12mm K&B.. They were made back in the 70's to early 80's. No replacement parts available and nothing made now will fit. Might get lucky with the flex shaft fitting, but that's about it. That gold carb on there can fake those that don't know into believing they are getting a new motor. As for servos, if a S3003 is set for steering, it'll most likely break the gears first few runs out. If it flips, most likely break then..

As with all E-Bay sales, BUYER BEWARE..
Old 11-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do have a friend whos a machinest and im gonna take courses my self soon, so making spares or altering spares shouldnt be to much of a problem. about the hull being a bad design, im not planning to race it, its more of a fun boat but one day if i do get into racing i figure i could just buy a new one by then.
i was figureing the steering servo might be not enough. i have a hitec 605 looking for a new home.
oh well, at least it was fairly cheap.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:16 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to go with Mark on this one too. The hull is really flexible but he or someone was smart enough to replace the stock radio box as that was the worst part of that boat. They did put an antique OB on it, lots of luck finding parts. If the powerhead is in good shape, the complete lower unit could be replaced with a newer one.