Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Hardware kits for .15 sized boats >

Hardware kits for .15 sized boats

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Hardware kits for .15 sized boats

Old 11-28-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hardware kits for .15 sized boats

Planning on a scratchbuild this winter and am looking for some hardware kits for .15 sized boats. I need the works, including flywheel, stuffing tube, etc, etc).
Old 11-29-2005, 11:47 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Hardware kits for .15 sized boats

OK, let's start with the basics first, your engine. A rotary carb and a fully threaded crank are what's needed. An SG or short threaded shaft won't work. A slide carb can be used but it's more hassle to set up.
An O.S. flywheel is my personal choice, I think that it's part #1-D.
Hardware kits can vary as to what hull and setup that you are going to use and how fat the wallet is. I've used Octura and Hughey on mine but there are some that are cheaper and a lot more expensive. If I were to build another .12 boat, I'd use the Solinger hardware from www.firefighterboats.com . You'll need a flex cable collet from Octura as that is the best one made right now that I know of. It will be for a 5mm shaft and .125 cable. The strut can be for a 3/16" drive as Hughey makes flex cables for 1/8" (.125") to a 3/16" stub shaft.
If you use Fast electric hardware, look at the 12-cell and higher parts.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:56 PM

What about Dumas? And also does Octura and Hughey have websites with all the parts and prices shown? Finally, I'm not sure if I want to go the flex cable route. I have a .40 sized boat with the cable and I'm not a big fan of it (just a personal thing I guess)....I'm more interested in your classic shaft and stuffing tube arrangement. This boat will be for sport rather than race so not I'm not interested any performance or handling advantages a cable might provide.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:59 PM

Oh, one more thing....I found the 1-D flywheel (on tower's site) but it says that it's a press fit.....arrgghh....they don't mention anything about a collet. The engine I have is an Enya .15 marine and I need something that'll fit that.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:54 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The O.S. flywheel just slides right on and held in place with the collet.
Most of what you need can be found on Chris Fine's site which I think is www.finedesignrc.com , I'm not sure as I'm on my back-up computer right now so I lost most of my links.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Thanks Ron.