Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Winter projesct help >

Winter projesct help

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Winter projesct help

Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter projesct help

well, i need some help choosing a winter project, I'm 15 and on a budget. i was think about vac-u boats cracker box or vac-u tug Jr/ vac-u tow, the Jim w. tug, cen nitro boat(forgot name) or the fantail launch w/ steam engine. I'm not wanting to spend more than 250 on everything. Right now i am leaning twords the fantail b/c it is cheap and i have a prior knowledge of owning and operating steam engines and the vac-u boats b/c they are cheap and easy to build. if i get a sport boat, i have to get a recovery boat and all of it combined is really expensive. if you have any prior experiences with these models, let me here your input.

-matt
Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Winter projesct help

CEN Racing Aqua Jet? It's not a bad boat but the first thing that I'd do is get a better prop. The one supplied throws a nice roostertail but no real speed.
Seriously look for a way to retrieve the boat and don't swim after it! Shop around and you can find an inflatable boat with oars for around $30.00 .