Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

too big?

Old 12-25-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too big?

Is a .18 nitro engine too powerfull for an 18 inch catamaran or will it just go really fast? And, does anyone know of any companies that make .18 sized outrigger hydros?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: too big?

Aeromarine supposedly has finall just come out with the Mean Machine 18, with the name saying the included engine size. The hull is the same size as their .21/.45 Cat hulls with probably a lighter layup of the 'glas. Why Remy Jr. and the gang didn't just go ahead and drop a .21 in there is beyond me as they do carry the OPS .21's. www.funrcboats.com is carrying the bare hull or a RTR version with a .21 in it or even an electric version which some have converted to nitro power.
I feel that 18" would be a little short for what you want to put in it. it will be a squeeze to put the radio gear, engine and fuel tank in.