Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Nitro Vee?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas Nitro Vee?

Old 12-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Nitro Vee?

Hello, I've had a NItro Hammer for awhile and absolutely love it! I've been wondering lately if I should buy the Nitro Vee or an airplane. I have no experience with an airplane, but i'm a quick learner just like buying my Nitro Hammer. I love boats, but I don't know if I should get into the sky with a !QUOT!Superstar 40 MonoKote Covered, Almost-Ready-to-Fly Trainer Airplane.!QUOT! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK971 ..... If any body has experience with this plane or think I should go with another boat, please let me know!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Nitro Vee?

Seeing how you have the Nitro Hammer, I think that you'll like it better over a Nitro-Vee. They both have their pro's and con's, but if I had my druthers, I'd stick with the NH.
As far as flying goes, the life expectancy of my planes have been around 30 seconds, that's why I stay on the surfaces and out of the air.
Your best bet is to go over in the plane forums and ask over there for a good first plane or look around in the Beginner's forum.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 AM
DONS BOAT WORKS
My Feedback: (3)

The Nitro Vee is a good sport boat, It's not a race boat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53905.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	376724  
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi mate if you wanna learn to fly depends on whos teaching you?,thats a good trainer but not to teach yourself!!.if i were you id look at the spad debonaire trainer its almost indestructable!!.i taught myself to fly using a balsa plane and wrecked it and had to rebuild it!!.then i found the spad forum wish id found it sooner would have saved me a packet and my time rebuilding.i built a spad called a dps for my second plane wow this thing is awesome and hehe it bounces without a scratch lol[img][/img]heres a pic of my rebuilt trainer and my dps spad the spads are very quick and easy to build and best of all cheap just gutter pipe fuse and coro wing .very strong takes the fear out of flying if it crashes it dont cost a packet to rebuild but honestly it takes a lot to break these things .give one a try the debonaire is as good as any shop bought trainer out there have a look on the spadtothebone .com website for free plans and full instructions and pics on how to build one.itll take two days to build it honestly!!.good luck

Name:	Mk26142.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	376946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18336.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	376947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp32315.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	376948  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:47 PM
ShaneAllen

I started with the Nitro Hammer. Great boat to start with. I am now flying planes and I speed most of my time with the planes as they are much more fun than my Nitro Hammer. If you have a place to fly and can find people who fly and are willing to help you get started, it would be a great next step. Once you start flying, the 2 dimensional world starts to seem a little dull.

Name:	Jh15876.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	377755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84446.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	377756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63455.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB