Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

top speed 2/OS 21

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

top speed 2/OS 21

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:37 AM
85Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top speed 2/OS 21

i just got a new top speed 2 and im having some trouble on the linkages,i cant seem to get my throttle linkage set right,to get a decent idle my throttle will only open up 1/2-3/4 and if i get it set to open up wide open it will idle at like 1/4 throttle.its starting to piss me off.also i have the os.21 outboard,brand new, the idle is a little high?what rpms are about right for idle.anyway tommorow is my second try with it so any tips will help.thanks
Old 12-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: top speed 2/OS 21

The way that I used to set up my OB's and still do with any boat is to have all of the transmitter settings at neutral. Iturn the TX and RX in then hold the throttle wide open while shutting of the reciever. I then set up the carb and linkage for wide open. Turn the reciever back on and let the transmitter return to neutral. Adjust the trims from there or see if you have to readjust anything like the servo arm.
When at idle, the carb should only be open enough to slip a toothpick in or enough to keep the engine running.
Others will have their way of setting them up but this way has done me well over the years.
If you aren't getting the engine to rev up at full throttle, it is probably running too rich. It will bog down if you hit the gas on the stand. You want just a little lag but not much. It it revs quickly, it's too lean. Just blip the throttle, don't hold it opejn.