Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

nitro veee video

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

nitro veee video

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro veee video

tell me what you think this is the nitro vee and at the end there is a little from the traxxas website because i need it longer lol

tell me what you think

http://media.putfile.com/nitor-vee-
Old 01-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: nitro veee video

Thats a nice video, that musics in pirates of the carribean right? good music, fits the boat and vid. Id say get one with the engine sound though, I just got one and have a macs 2.5cc tuned pipe on the I really like, but I need to trim and tune it a little more to pull a little more speed out of it, any upgrades? I also have the 3/16th shaft with a 40mm carbon fiber prop...Seems to work nicely
Old 01-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Vertical3-D

well, i bolted on a carb from a magnum .25 aiplane engine, direct fit)needled are only slightly hard to get to but not that its a total inconvinience) runs good, very good, still tweaking it in a little bit, but i blew the exhaust coupling to the tuned pipe and had to order a new one, i had been using the stock connector but the tuned pipe is bigger and splits the tubing...
Old 01-14-2006, 06:03 PM
CadillacDTS2001

sweet and ya it is the peirates of the caribean
Old 01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Vertical3-D

there isnt much talk about these boats and moding them for speed, which kinoda sucks, i really like the boat, and the rts system works fantastic, i like having it a lot, oh and a macs 2.5cc though it takes a bit to fit it, makes it sound and run sweet.....maybe we could start a thread bout them,if we could get enough ppl to talk bout them...
Old 01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
CadillacDTS2001

well the boat is kinda sligish with the 2 motors in it and batteries and stuff
Old 01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Vertical3-D

slugish compared to a raceboat, im comfident 30 could be an easily achieved goal with proper tuning, and i switched to a 52/3a cell rx pack, its a duratrax pack for an rc10gt. works nice, lighter than the 6 dry cells and also give rts plenty of power, if i wasnt worried bout retrieval id ditch rts, but im much more for ditching the e-z start, those damn things add alot of weight, im wondering if a tiger drive or pullstart is the lightest alternative for it, also i may port and polish the sleve a bit for added umgh, the carb helped a bunch, i enjoy tweaking the trx motors, ppl dont like them but honestly if set up right they can be a powerhouse(well as much as a rtr engine can be, they are no italian race motors thats for sure) id like to get 30-35 mph out of it, as it has a few small handling issues so pushing it farther may be bad, outdrives will loop out in high speed turns, if i added dual trim tab/spin fin combos one on each side it probably fix alot, i have already relocated the stock fin to the correct position, perpendicular to the hull angle and in line with the lowest chine rail, seems to handle fine, i had to drill new holes, dremel a bit out, and epoxy the old holes over, took about 15-20 minutes, also ditch the plastic water pickup, drill the mount slightly to except a brass tube, that way you can put a steeper angle on it to force mor water, then from the head mine dump right out the side, i run a tuned pipe then have the two pressure fittings(top andf rear of manifold) t-ed into one line to the tank for pressure, works great, i used the original water line t fitting for it.