Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 using 61 size plane engine in boat >

using 61 size plane engine in boat

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

using 61 size plane engine in boat

Old 01-13-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default using 61 size plane engine in boat

hi im gonna use a 61 size airplane engine in a boat im going to build a wild thing!!,im going to water cool the head using a copper coil.i just need help with prop shaft and prop sizes couplers etc.i realise plane engines arent the same as boat engines as per rpm etc but im not looking to break any records just have some fun!!.any help much appreciated!!.i have access to octura parts can anyone advise me which hard shaft coupler and prop to get ?.thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 12:13 PM

Default RE: using 61 size plane engine in boat

hmmmmmm?anyone?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, can you see this adress to view how to make a water cooling head for any engine, http://www.modelismonaval.com/magazi...nizadomotores/.

Now Im design a water cooling head for SuperTigre G60 Blue head and i´ll fit it in a Kyssho JetSttrem 1000 with original hardware with the new 235 prather prop, *fter test i´ll tel you about.

Good luck
Old 01-14-2006, 07:01 PM

thanks for the reply Cristian but i dont have a lathe and i think the coil will do the job just fine !!.im sure some guys will be interested though.what im really looking for help with is choice of props shafts and couplings for this engine.im going to use a hard shaft for a surface drive set up.this is for a wild thing boat im starting to build this week.octura parts are what im thinking of so if anyone can tell me which parts to order it would be much appreciated!!.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure that you can adjust the angle of the prop shaft as it is crucial to adjusting the ride of the boat, unless you put trim tabs on but even then its nice be able to trim out the drive. also yeah coil if wound tightly to the head should work alright, but id somehow wether with a temp gun or by putting a drop of water on the head see how hot it is during the first few runs to make sure.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 AM

thanks for the tip mate i was planning to get the engine as low in the boat as possible and see what sort of angle that will give me before i fasten anything permenantly.any ideas of which shaft ,couplers and props etc?