Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

mean machine

Old 01-24-2006, 10:32 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mean machine

ron have you seen the mean machine run yet? or from what you have seen do you think it is worth the price
Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: mean machine

Oh boy, single me out! No, I haven't seen one run yet, at least what is supposed to be coming out of Aeromarine. We're STILL waiting for it to hit the streets so to speak. There are some electric versions around that have done well and Fun R/C Boats are hand building a .21 version of it as Remy did keep one mold here in the States (the RTR ones are being built overseas). I tried hitting him up last year to let me do a review for this site and will do again this year. I see a lot of disappointed people out there who have already paid for theirs or placed a deposit on one or more.
As far as the price goes, it looks like a great buy to me. A well built hull, a radio box that it sealed, really nice hardware on the transom and already has auto-bailers installed. I'm still not sure what engine or radio system is going in it though. Why they didn't do to a .21 though for it is a good question as that's what it really needs.
It's a little higher priced than most RTR or RTF boats on the market right now but they are raising the bar for others to meet.
ProBoat has a .32 powered Cat coming out in March that does look like an improved version of what they did with the Shockwave 36. The smaller prop, a Prather 215 ought to make it run faster and the pipe length is shorter. They really need to get a larger carb on it though.